Respected Contributor

What perfume are you wearing today?

Fragrant scents can calm us, soothe us, make a statement about our moods, and create a sensual memory. I adore learning about the perfumes women are now enjoying—it encourages me to experiment.

Yesterday's and today's perfumes I am wearing (that have reliable fragrance notes) which were purchased, in fact, from the Q:

Inisarose.jpg

FreshHoneysuckle.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What perfume are you wearing today?

Hi 1Professor, I can bet I would like both scents you pictured. Although it's probably hard to describe, how are these perfumes different from one another? In the summertime I have always worn "Summer Hill" by Crabtree & Evelyn. It's maybe two sweet for some, but it reminds me of a special place on Cape Cod that I have so many fond memories of. It's named Fort Hill, and the breeze smells so sweet with flowers. And the ocean view from the hill is lovely.
Respected Contributor

I don't use perfume during the day.  Too many people have allergy problems and so many women wear way too much.  The doctors & dental offices I go to have signs telling people to be courteous to others and not wear perfume.  When I'm home I like Inis. 

Frequent Contributor

I'm wearing Friction by French Connection UK.

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:
Hi 1Professor, I can bet I would like both scents you pictured. Although it's probably hard to describe, how are these perfumes different from one another? In the summertime I have always worn "Summer Hill" by Crabtree & Evelyn. It's maybe two sweet for some, but it reminds me of a special place on Cape Cod that I have so many fond memories of. It's named Fort Hill, and the breeze smells so sweet with flowers. And the ocean view from the hill is lovely.

My favorite is Fresh Honeysuckle. The truest scent of the honeysuckle blossom I've ever encountered, without the complexity of other notes (musk, for example) masking it. Just like walking through a garden. Light, but immediate and identifiable. Makes me smile. Others love it. Different than a general floral scent (which I also love), such as Summer Hill. Here, you get honeysuckle.

Rose fragrances are always chancy, in my experience. I am a long time fan of Patou's JOY (but too expensive for me now). However, I have Jo Malone's Red Roses: definitely rose, immediately, but so strong! Inis aRose is more complicated, the rose fragrance blending with other notes.

Regular Contributor

Hugo Boss ~ Hugo Red

Notes:  rhubarb, grapefruit, pineapple, pink pepper, metallic notes, cedar.

Esteemed Contributor

Pure Grace EDP and body lotion.  Garden soil, fresh air, and warmth from hoeing weeds, and I think it's pretty good.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I'm wearing Philosophy Sea of Love. It smells like the ocean with a hint of solar musk.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:
I'm wearing Philosophy Sea of Love. It smells like the ocean with a hint of solar musk.

@Hilary77: Sounds lush! Love anything that reminds me of fresh ocean scents.

a266074.001.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Michael Kors. 

I was so happy to find this on Saturday while digging through my "beauty box."  It never made it out after we moved nearly 2 years ago, so this was like getting a present.