Honored Contributor

Re: What percentage of your actual makeup do you buy on Q?

@Drythe wrote:

@ Zero.

The brands I like and use are not here.  

I wish Q would bring in a quality cruelty free line.  Something with a few more actives than 100% Pure, although I do like a few of her things.

@Drythe I would like this too! Heart

Respected Contributor

Not much. My cosmetics collection is about as bad as my handbags and shoes. I do buy some IT products from Q. 

Respected Contributor

Wow, I never thought about this; however, it looks like 100%:

My Clarisonic, dr.denese hydrating serum, IT under eye concealer/

CC cream, LG brow marker and blush.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

Zero.

Esteemed Contributor

Right now it's 0%, nothing, nada. That's because QVC doesn't ship to Canada. Before when they did ship to Canada I bought Bare Minerals, Dr Denese, Mally Beauty, Dalton, and IT Cosmetics, and Proactiv. Given that the CDN dollar has tanked I'm not going to be buying anything from QVC and I won't be buying much from the U.S. stores or websites either.

Dr Denese and Dalton also used to be vendors in Canada on The Shopping Channel but are no longer vendors. Bare Minerals came to Canada after the mineral makeup craze was starting to fade so they didn't last very long on TSC. Proactiv seems to be another ex vendor on TSC.

Mally Beauty and Laura Geller also didn't last long on TSC. I have bought plenty of IT Cosmetics but currently I only buy the CC cream when it's on sale on TSC. I have a stockpile of it in my beauty stash as I like the SPF 50 and the coverage.

I prefer buying drugstore brands at a lower price than shopping channels. I especially like Walmarts in Canada as they seem to get all the new drugstore makeup before other retailers do and their prices are usually cheaper than other retailers. I also like Winners in Canada but it's hit and miss as to what beauty products they have. My best beauty buys recently from them were OPI Nail Envy and OPI Nail Envy Bubble Bath polishes.

Esteemed Contributor

Zero. Don't watch the demos, either.

Tried to like LG but my skin is so dry everything looked muddy on me.

I returned to the cosmetic counters and shop online at Nordies. Free ship, free returns, fast delivery by UPS so I'm not guessing if it's UPS or the mail carrier.

Trusted Contributor

WAY less than I used to, maybe 30% (used to be close to 100%)? If you include nail polish, even a lower percentage.

Valued Contributor

ZERO.

Honored Contributor

Once in a while I buy a Perricone TSV, or a Perricone exclusive,,, but that is it.  I buy all skin care and make up where I get free shipping, reward points and special deals.

I was really angry when Perricone sold his "gold" facial cream only on QVC.  It is really expensive, but I needed a tube.  They charged 9 dollars and change to ship a product that is very small and weighs less than 2 ounces!!

Respected Contributor

Well, if I like this latest IT TSV with the cushion liquid compact foundation it will be a lot.

I used and loved the Mally in this same version but was more expensive so am trying this one.

I don't purchase any skin care here but am hoping I love this lasted IT TSV.