Respected Contributor

Re: What one beauty product you buy over & over again.......

@Chi-town girl

I totally agree with you. There are so many new products that have great new ingredients in them. Some work, some don't, but we would never find out if we don't try some of them. Also as someone mentioned, many of my tried and trues are either discontinued or the formula changes. 

I can say there are a few that I have stuck with for quite sometime now and that one of them is Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten baked foundation. I have repurchased this several times. Ever since she brought it out in porcelain. I use this on my eyelids as my primer and also on as my finishing powder. It does the jobs I want it to with no issues. I also have not stopped using her Gel eyeliner in the chubby tube since that has come out. It lasts and lasts for me. I've tried her other ones, but they don't perform as well. The waterproof ones are good, but I only use them when I swim or now I might cry. My all time repeat buy is Chanel No 5 in parfum, bath powder or body lotion. I think I've had something in this line for close to 50 years.

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@151949wrote:

I am someone who - once I find a product I like -I will keep buying it until it gets discontinued by the manufacturer. I am very faithful to the products I love. When posters here talk about all the products they buy from all the different companies I am baffled. If you have say , a foundation you like , why would you buy a different one ? This really confuses me but , it's not my money! I have been using the same foundation , in the same shade for at least 4 or 5 years now. I have no desire to even look at any others. Same with my lipstick. I used a Laura Geller blush for years too , until she stopped making it. Now I have been searching for a new one for a while.

Cosmetics have come a long way. There are amazing new ingredients. That's why it's great to have an open mind. You don't have to try everything.

But it does take some brain power to understand what works for you personally and how to make wise decisions. And sometimes it's just trial and error. 

And yes, it's my $$$$$$. I don't care what someone else buys/wears nor what they think about my decisions even if it 'baffles' or confuses them. Woman LOL frankly, it's none of your business!

Trusted Contributor

Clinique and it cosmetics

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

Pond's make-up removal wipes

Clinique mild facial soap

LG Baked and Brighten

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

@DearPrudence  

I use Estee Lauder's auto lip pencil duo also in Fig. The last one I purchased though, I must confess I am not all that happy with it. It seems to drag and pull. Not moist like the ones I've been buying for years and years. I wonder if I got an old one? 

Have you ever had this issue?

@DearPrudencewrote:

Estee Lauder automatic lip pencil duo - Fig

Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just want to say there are a few items listed on this post that I am going to try or revisit again after reading some of your items. 

For instance the Full and Soft Mascara by Maybelline

and L'Oreal Million Lashed Mascara. Garnier Fructus Root Amp. and ROC Retinol Night Cream. Also the ELF hi-def powder mentioned.

Some of the listers were:

@Jacie

@Naturesbeauty

@Chi-town girl

This is just to mention a few Heart

Valued Contributor

@Leenywrote:

@DearPrudence  

I use Estee Lauder's auto lip pencil duo also in Fig. The last one I purchased though, I must confess I am not all that happy with it. It seems to drag and pull. Not moist like the ones I've been buying for years and years. I wonder if I got an old one? 

Have you ever had this issue?

@DearPrudencewrote:

Estee Lauder automatic lip pencil duo - Fig

Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder

I didn't notice that this one is "drier" than previous ones.  I'll pay more attention the next time I use it.  I'm just glad that Estee Lauder is still making it.  Last year I was at Macy's at the Lancome counter, and asked the SA if she could add one of the lip pencils to my order.  She make the remark "wow, are they still making that?".  That got me worried that it would be discontinued, as they already discontinued their Automatic Eye Pencil Duo that I had also used for many years.

Occasional Contributor

Eve Pearl Priming Moisturizer Treatment. Using it everyday.

Eve Pearl HD Fundation. 

Respected Contributor

First Aid Beauty night cream and body cream.

Trusted Contributor

Estee Lauder Doubleware Makeup. Love it

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Naturesbeautywrote:
My one product I buy over & over is: Full & Soft Mascara by Maybelline. The price is around $7.00 even less expensive when on sale. Goes on nice, no clumping, you get full looking lashes. Removes easy with my regular facial cleanser.

@Naturesbeauty

Yup, that's my choice, too.  I've been using the washable formula for years and just bought three new tubes.

Full 'N Soft

On sale, of course.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~