Occasional Contributor

What natural brands do you like?

New year, new me.  Or so I'm trying.  And I'm trying to get more serious about removing potentially harmful chemicals from my life where I can.  I love skincare and makeup and so that is one area I'm looking to at the very least get the parabens and phlatates out, if not all chemicals.  My skincare regime has consisted of philosophy, josie maran, PTR and perricone....basically when I see a TSV that interests me, I pounce.  I recently had to get new face cleanser and moisturizer so I thought I'd look at bare minerals but I didn't like the smell.  I want to "enjoy" my skincare routine so that was a no for me.  I went back to a brand I used MANY years ago and bought the gel cleanser and hydrating lotion from Aveda because I did like that.  What "more natural" brands do you prefer?  I tried Burts Bees cleansers but did not like them.  I did like the Josie Maran oil cleanser but that is just too expensive.  I wish Philosophy would get rid of the problematic chemicals because my favorite cleanser is Purity.  Anyway, would love to hear everyone's suggestions.  Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

Re: What natural brands do you like?

Oh and I did like Skinn face cleansers (both AM and PM) but not sure if I like them enough ti pay full price plus shipping.

Super Contributor

Shea Organic skincare is the best I have found. I only buy with a coupon. I made the switch to Burt Bees makeup last year and I love it.  I saved so much money by simplifying. My sister who could afford any brand she wanted liked my makeup so much she is now buying Burt Bees. It took a couple of trys to get the right shade. The powder is good for fine lines. And buying QVC TSVs  and only using a few of the products was such a waste for me. I did pick up a Pacifica lip gloss and I have been enjoying that. 

Floral Pillow
Occasional Contributor

Oh thank you for the reply.  I've seen Shea Organics and wondered about them.  I will definitely take a look at them.

Respected Contributor

I LOVE the Acure line of products especially their "night" cream that I use day and night. Gives my skin a great "tightening" effect that works great as a base for my mineral makeup. Nice website too...sign up for sales and specials.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  Is Acure available in stores, or just online?

Honored Contributor

@My3Girls

You may want to search the Skindeep website for products and ratings. 

Frequent Contributor

I just started using Amara Organics and I am really liking their products.  I use the Vitamin C serum, Retinol serum and moisturizer.  Applies very nice and absorbs quickly.  I do add rose hip oil to the moisturizer for extra hydration.  I am trying to minimize my skincare routine and use cruelty free products.

The price point on their products is very good also.

btw I have mature skin that is normal/dry with fine lines and sun damage.

Valued Contributor

@My3Girls

I actually decided to go cruelty free 5 years ago when I adopted a rescue shelter puppy . As I started trying different brands I found many of them were organic or a least cleaner brands my favorite and affordable are Devita, Andalou Naturals and Pacifica  You can find these at Whole foods and some local health food stores . They all have their  own websites , but I order from VitaCost , they have the best prices and are on EBATES for extra saving . I have a few items from brands with a higher price point like MUN and Live Botanicals and Kypris that I like and feel for me are worth it . There are some great oragnic beauty sites ,like Detox Market, Credo , Integrity Botanicals and Choosy Chick which sell samples of skin care and makeup . These smaller sites have wonderful customer service , you can email them you concerns or skin issue and they will recommend products for you,application and any question you have on ingredients .Good luck 

Valued Contributor

I just started back with Previse. I had used it a couple of years ago, I put all my Perricone away for now. Previse is vegan so that's good since I'm vegan. No chemicals and only three steps to the system.