Respected Contributor

Re: What mascara are you wearing today?

@winamac1 wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMomwrote:

My go-to usual.... IT Cosmetics Superhero mascara

I am going to wear that today too.  I like that.  It's too early to have mascara on yet, lol.  But, I"ve been likng that one.  I don't like the other one she has.

@winamac1 Agree! I don’t like the other one either. 

Respected Contributor

Lancome Hypnose Drama, plus Definicils for length.  They last, don't irritate, make my non-existent lashes look as good as they can, and this mascara doesn't run or flake even with crying at funerals.  Yes, I am a mature lady....!

I never wear "waterproof" mascaras as they irritate my eyes and are hard to remove.  Most mascaras run terribly if I get the slightest bit of runny eyes, black streaks down my face, including the It mascaras.

I think it's trial and error for everyone!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus

I agree with you 100%. It's very easy to find "expensive" mascaras, but to find good drug store brands.. well, not quite as easy. I am getting to the point I want something more affordable and easy to get my hands on. I found this L'Oreal one from someone recommending it on one of the forums. I use to use Defincils by Lancome, then I went over to Clinique's High Impact, then E.Arden and on and on. Then all the offers on the Q. They are ok, but I hate to have to pay SH and the wait time. I don't like to stock up on mascaras, even though I toss them out after 3 months. The cost involved gets a little crazy having to do that. 

@Shanus wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

@Leenywrote:

L'Oreal Volumunious The one with the gold cap and gray tube.

This one...love it.

I agree. I’m a drugstore mascara gal...towing it every 3 months gets quite expensive when paying $20 and up per tube.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

My standard: Maybelline's Full 'N Soft washable formula.

Maybelline

@just bee  I have seen this one and have been meaning to try it. Is the selling point that it leaves the lashes really full and soft as name implies?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Maybelline

@just bee  I have seen this one and have been meaning to try it. Is the selling point that it leaves the lashes really full and soft as name implies?

@Shanus

I've been using it for years.  When I was using other mascaras my lashes were stiff and sticky.  Then there was the problem with them falling out and sitting on my cheeks.

So, yes.  It leaves my lashes full and soft -- and they don't fall out.  I don't have those weird "gaps" anymore.

But be warned: It's a more natural look.  You won't look like you're wearing fake lashes.  Sure, you can build and use a few extra coats, but I prefer "just enough." 

I like the washable formula and I like that I can get the product on sale and keep a couple on hand since I toss my tube every three months.

I will tell you, though, that this mascara probably doesn't make the greatest first impression.  When I open a new tube it seems like there just isn't enough product at first.  But once it's been opened and in use, there seems to be more mascara on the wand and application takes less time.

I guess I worry that someone will try it, be put off and give up on it.  I wouldn't use anything else.  I'll be 59 this year and I still have long lashes.  I think that has something to do with the mascara I use.  Easy removal and it never irritates my eyes.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Lancôme Monsieur Big. I love the way it makes my lashes look and it’s easy to remove with micellar water. 

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Maybelline

@Shanus

I've been using it for years.  When I was using other mascaras my lashes were stiff and sticky.  Then there was the problem with them falling out and sitting on my cheeks.

So, yes.  It leaves my lashes full and soft -- and they don't fall out.  I don't have those weird "gaps" anymore.

But be warned: It's a more natural look.  You won't look like you're wearing fake lashes.  Sure, you can build and use a few extra coats, but I prefer "just enough." 

I like the washable formula and I like that I can get the product on sale and keep a couple on hand since I toss my tube every three months.

I will tell you, though, that this mascara probably doesn't make the greatest first impression.  When I open a new tube it seems like there just isn't enough product at first.  But once it's been opened and in use, there seems to be more mascara on the wand and application takes less time.

I guess I worry that someone will try it, be put off and give up on it.  I wouldn't use anything else.  I'll be 59 this year and I still have long lashes.  I think that has something to do with the mascara I use.  Easy removal and it never irritates my eyes.

@just bee  Thanks for the helpful info. I’d love a natural, less mascara look for every day. Will check this one out. 🌸

Occasional Contributor

i am using dior but i have read that this essence false lash effect is great and low?
$$$ have you tried it?

Respected Contributor

@kassy wrote:

i am using dior but i have read that this essence false lash effect is great and low?
$$$ have you tried it?

@kassy  I love the Essence mascaras. The one in the black tube with mint green lettering, I’ve repurchased multiple times. I decided to try the one called Lash of the Day and I like it as well. These are so affordable, and I will continue to repurchase. 

Respected Contributor

I usually wear Urban Decay Perversion mascara, but today I wore Smashbox Super Fan mascara.  I received a mini tube from a Sephora promo, but have only tried it a couple of times.  It's really good for lengthening, but I prefer UD Perversion for the volume it creates.  I was happy with Smashbox Super Fan, though. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥