Esteemed Contributor

What makeup routines do you change for spring and summer?

[ Edited ]

What makeup routines do you change for spring and summer? I live in the Pacific Northwest area of Canada and it isn't humid here but some spring days can be hot, especially in the car. I'm finding that since I changed my daily facial sunscreen to Australian Gold tinted sunscreen with SPF 50 or Shiseido untinted Senkka SPF 50  - both leave a matte finish that I don't have to be as precise with my IT Cosmetics CC cream. I even don't bother to use a CC cream if it's hot outside sometimes. 

When I was in Australia a couple of weeks ago the calender may have said the beginning of fall but it was hot and humid there all over the country and the IT Cosmetics CC cream just melted off my face. Luckily I had an IT Cosmetics CC face powder to use instead but normally I don't use the powder unless it's for touchups. I have several Clinique mineral sunscreens that were intended for the face but I'm using them on the rest of me as they leave too much of a film or greasy finish that while OK in winter isn't so great in warmer weather.

I also changed my pressed setting powder from a translucent one to a banana or yellow one as that looks better on me. The translucent white one seemed to make my skin look dry and patchy after a while while the yellow one doesn't have the same effect.

Honored Contributor

Re: What makeup routines do you change for spring and summer?

I don't really change anything other than I might wear some brighter lip colors.  More bright corals and light frosty pinks.  Other than that -- no.  Our weather is more often than not, kind of cool, even rainy.  We do get a hot spell in the summer occasionally but I'm not outside that much so I really don't need to alter my makeup.  I don't wear a lot to begin with.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I don't change much for spring, but in the summer I'm more light-handed with my makeup unless I'm going out somewhere special.  Less concealer, less foundation, less powder, lighter sweeps of eye shadow, etc.  It all sweats off anyway!

Sometimes I won't use a foundation at all.  I'll use Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer.  It gives light coverage and a beautiful sheen to my skin.  It breaks me out if I use it too many days in a row, but it's nice for a few days a week.

Respected Contributor

Since I always do my eye makeup in neutral, natural-looking shades, the only thing I change for spring/summer is my lipstick shade. I just go with a lighter color.

Honored Contributor

None since my hair, eye color, and skin tone never change.  Back in the tanning days of decades ago I would do a deeper foundation to accommodate the tan I always had.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Aside from blush and lipstick colors, I don't change much in my actual makeup routine either. 

Honored Contributor

Phoenix:   Extra sunscreen, and avoid the outdoors between noon and 6pm

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

It gets really hot and humid where I live but I really don't change up my makeup at all unless I'm working in the yard or flower beds.  Then it's just sunscreen and I make sure I use a sunscreen for the lips as well.

Honored Contributor

Definitely, a few shade of lipstick.  Cat HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I use brighter lip colors, and when it is really hot and humid, I go back to a mineral powder foundation, instead of a liquid....