Honored Contributor

Re: What makeup routines do you change for spring and summer?

That good ol' melanin gets a shade darker, so I switch to my slightly darker foundation.  In addition, I need to use a matte setting powder to keep all the shine down.  Those are the only differences in my routine.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

What makeup routines do you change for spring and summer? I live in the Pacific Northwest area of Canada and it isn't humid here but some spring days can be hot, especially in the car. I'm finding that since I changed my daily facial sunscreen to Australian Gold tinted sunscreen with SPF 50 or Shiseido untinted Senkka SPF 50  - both leave a matte finish that I don't have to be as precise with my IT Cosmetics CC cream. I even don't bother to use a CC cream if it's hot outside sometimes. 

When I was in Australia a couple of weeks ago the calender may have said the beginning of fall but it was hot and humid there all over the country and the IT Cosmetics CC cream just melted off my face. Luckily I had an IT Cosmetics CC face powder to use instead but normally I don't use the powder unless it's for touchups. I have several Clinique mineral sunscreens that were intended for the face but I'm using them on the rest of me as they leave too much of a film or greasy finish that while OK in winter isn't so great in warmer weather.

I also changed my pressed setting powder from a translucent one to a banana or yellow one as that looks better on me. The translucent white one seemed to make my skin look dry and patchy after a while while the yellow one doesn't have the same effect.

@TY  In spring/summer, all skincare stays the same. I change my CC foundation & Stick foundations or ones w/ heavier coverage to my Tinted Moisturizer w/ spf (white setting powder in zone). I don’t tan (sun or fake tan), so add a light toned powder bronzer on my blush brush before dipping into blush to get a bit more color. Instead of a full coverage lipstick, during the day, I may use a lip toned pencil and pink gloss. 

Respected Contributor

i wear less foundation and a lighter lip color. sometimes i do sunless tanning and then i dont need foundation which is nice!

Respected Contributor

I do still get a natural tan (gasp), so I wear little or no foundation, and if I do wear any, I use LG B&B in the summer instead of a liquid.  It gets VERY hot and humid here all summer long, so I also wear way less makeup over all and let my natural tan do the work!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

None