Frequent Contributor

What makes are person look older?

Is it sagging skin, fine lines and wrinkles or dark spots and why do you think that? Since I have sagging skin, I think it make me look older. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Thanks,

Frequent Contributor

Re: What makes are person look older?

I think posture is the most aging. We all start hurting as we age, but it helps our look to remember to stand straight and keep our heads up.

Super Contributor

Wearing no makeup...

Honored Contributor

Posture, that is a good one. I think dark spots are aging as well. I can't really say for sure though, I think it may be a combination of some things and isn't a "one size fits all" type of thing. Even simple things like smiling, having a positive attitude and being happy can be the difference between two people of same age and with similar skin issues (sagging, age spots, wrinkles, whatever) with one seeming younger than the other who doesn't seem happy, has a negative attitude or never smiles.

Honored Contributor

I think the most aging thing is the condition of the neck....I am getting my mother's neck much to my horror. I also think no makeup and overgrown haircuts are very aging.

Respected Contributor

Out in public? Puffy eyes, reddened complexion, sagging and marionette lines, wearing too much black, hair in a non-style and either over-processed or gray. Glasses.

Respected Contributor

I think worry about aging is aging! There is nothing more youthful than being content.

Frequent Contributor

And staying current. Learning new things and trying to be positive, happy and exercise, all in moderation...it's all subjective.

Respected Contributor

Not being strong and having poor balance. Of course, that fits together with posture.

Honored Contributor

A younger SO.