Honored Contributor

Re: What makes a good brush?

@Kachina624 wrote:

I cannot use a natural bristle boar brush.  My hair is very thick and the bristles are so soft, they won't go through my hair.  I must have a nylon brush with rather short bristles.  It's very hard to find just the right brush.

@Kachina624 I have been using "Denman" hair brush for many years. I have thick hair too and these are the best I have found.

I buy mine at Sally's but have bought the smaller version from their website.

I use the black handle with white teeth and pink rubber part.

Honored Contributor

For make-up brushes, it is "Jane Iredale". My favorite is called "the Handi".

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair  Thanks, I'll check it out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair  Thanks, I'll check it out.

@Kachina624 You are most welcomeWoman Very Happy

When I bought a couple of the purse-size ones from their website, I bought some keychains with little brushes for gifts. You might look at those too. Really cute.

The keychain brush looks just like the large one. I think my friends at my beauty shop will get a big kick out of these.

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair  I looked on Amazon and they have about 100 different Denman brushes.  Do you know exactly what yours is called?  I saw the one on the keychain.  Cute.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair  I looked on Amazon and they have about 100 different Denman brushes.  Do you know exactly what yours is called?  I saw the one on the keychain.  Cute.

@Kachina624 I will go find a picture and be right back.

Honored Contributor

ProductI have several of these. There is one called a heavyweight that has more rows. But all of mine looked like this one. I think it is called classic. I'm 64 and have used this brush for as long as I can remember. I think I pay about $10.00 at Sally's. This brush slides through my hair which is great since it is thick.

Honored Contributor

7 Row Classic Styling BrushHere is a bigger picture that I copied from sallybeauty.com  7 row classic styling brush. $11.59 with beauty card. And sometimes they have sales.

Honored Contributor

9 Row Volumizing BrushThis is a nine row volumizing brush that I like for blow-drying.

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair  You are so kind and helpful.  Thanks a lot.  Going over to buy one.