Honored Contributor

Re: What makes a good brush?

@Kachina624 Please let me know how you like it?Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I cannot use a natural bristle boar brush.  My hair is very thick and the bristles are so soft, they won't go through my hair.  I must have a nylon brush with rather short bristles.  It's very hard to find just the right brush.

Kachina, you need to find a wood pin brush( preferably olive,nut other wood is ok). It goes through any hair, no damage, no static and untangles any bad situations.And they last forever.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought the Aveda paddle brush from nordstroms a few months ago and I love it.  I have thick hair but not a lot of it but, it has become my favorite brush.  It really grabs my hair and is enjoyable to use. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sister Golden Hair  I got my Denman brush today.  The bristles are quite firm which is good but I'd like them better if they were shorter as I have short hair.  I like the brush though.

While I was dabbling in brushes on Amazon, I put "stiff bristle hair brush" in the search bar and got some weird brushes.  On was a brush called Scalpmaster.  It has extremely firm shorter bristles.  Since it was inexpensive ($4.66),  I ordered it too.  It's a smaller size that would easily fit in most handbags.  Very lightweight.  So now I've got two good, serviceable brushes.  It's Scalpmaster SC315, if anyone is interested.

Thanks again for your help.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love good makeup brushes.  I buy most of mine from Chanel.

They glide the makeup on like velvet!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair  I got my Denman brush today.  The bristles are quite firm which is good but I'd like them better if they were shorter as I have short hair.  I like the brush though.

While I was dabbling in brushes on Amazon, I put "stiff bristle hair brush" in the search bar and got some weird brushes.  On was a brush called Scalpmaster.  It has extremely firm shorter bristles.  Since it was inexpensive ($4.66),  I ordered it too.  It's a smaller size that would easily fit in most handbags.  Very lightweight.  So now I've got two good, serviceable brushes.  It's Scalpmaster SC315, if anyone is interested.

Thanks again for your help.

@Kachina624I do hope you will like the brush since I told you how great it was. It is one brush that will go through my thick hair. I will check out the brush you mentioned.Thanks