Frequent Contributor

What kind of language is that????

That nail product just shown will make your nails "Pinkier and more manicurier". When will they start speaking proper English on these shopping chanels again....its not cute unless youre 4....

Trusted Contributor

Re: What kind of language is that????

Thank you for today's chuckle.  This is going to get zapped. Glad I saw it first!

Honored Contributor

@staceyluvsyou wrote:

That nail product just shown will make your nails "Pinkier and more manicurier". When will they start speaking proper English on these shopping chanels again....its not cute unless youre 4....

What do you consider "proper English"?

Frequent Contributor

Pinker and more manicured would work.

Respected Contributor

comparing to how people talk any more these days could not hear anything wrong with how the words were said. Understood every word'

Respected Contributor

@staceyluvsyou wrote:

It's Shawnism ... much like a Suessism.  Lighten up.  People are so straight-laced and rigid.

Honored Contributor

@staceyluvsyou wrote:

Pinker and more manicured would work.

"Pinkier" is an acceptable alternative to your preferred "pinker".

Respected Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@staceyluvsyou wrote:

It's Shawnism ... much like a Suessism.  Lighten up.  People are so straight-laced and rigid.

I'm sorry but I disagree.   It has nothing to do with straight-laced and rigid.   It has to do with speaking real words instead of made up words.   I didn't hear it but 'pinkier' and 'manicurier' are not real words.   No reason to make them up when there are plenty of real words available.   And if whomever said it thought it was cute; no it isn't.  It is silly and unnecessary.

Respected Contributor

@cater wrote:

comparing to how people talk any more these days could not hear anything wrong with how the words were said. Understood every word'

I apologize in advance if I offend you (that, in itself, is bad form, but, hey, ...) but I disagree with you! I believe we need to hold onto some form of propriety in the world that finds jeans ripped so badly it's a wonder they hold together (that cost an arm and a leg, to boot! In my day, yes, I'm ancient, no one would ever wear them for fear we'd look indigent!), walking around with bra straps showing (we'd have been given a bad rep. for that!) and all food now becoming "finger" food, as no one knows how to hold a fork properly any more! (Yes, I hear the screamsand gasps! Why should little things like that matter when there are bigger problems in the world?) My answer is this: in a world with so many serious problems we need, more than ever, to hold onto all forms of propriety. When we let little things go by the wayside they leave room for bigger ones to follow!  It's not so difficult to say "more pink" is it, especially if it saves the world some day?😉

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

@staceyluvsyou wrote:

I'm sorry but I disagree.   It has nothing to do with straight-laced and rigid.   It has to do with speaking real words instead of made up words.   I didn't hear it but 'pinkier' and 'manicurier' are not real words.   No reason to make them up when there are plenty of real words available.   And if whomever said it thought it was cute; no it isn't.  It is silly and unnecessary.

Well then we disagree.  No biggie.  Call me silly.