Honored Contributor

Re: What is your preferred method of foundation application?

Beauty Blender sponge.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

I use my fingers. 

I am contemplating trying something else (sponge, brush) because I'm having difficulty with balling.  I don't know if that will reduce it or not, but I'm willing to try.

@San Antonio Gal  Thanks for the sponge recommendation.  I'm going to look into that one.

@Misplaced Parisian   Bonjour. Usually when foundation balls up, it's due to a layer(s) underneath. Check your serums, Spf, moisturizer or primer. Try your foundation on clean dry skin. If no issues, it's not the foundation. Try using it over 1 of the above products at a time to see if there's a culprit. 

Honored Contributor

If I'm wearing my BE powder foundation, I use the IT double ended foundation brush and may set w/ a damp sponge. For my tinted moisturizer, the Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush. It has tight bristles and blends well & quickly. 

Honored Contributor

I like to use the Bobbi Brown foundation brush. I switched to a powder foundation and it works beautifully.

Honored Contributor

I have all kinds of applicators for foundation... even one brush that has sonic waves... still I resort to my true and tried finger tips ever time.   Too lazy to get out the other ones I guess.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

I use my fingers. 

I am contemplating trying something else (sponge, brush) because I'm having difficulty with balling.  I don't know if that will reduce it or not, but I'm willing to try.

@San Antonio Gal  Thanks for the sponge recommendation.  I'm going to look into that one.

@Misplaced Parisian   Bonjour. Usually when foundation balls up, it's due to a layer(s) underneath. Check your serums, Spf, moisturizer or primer. Try your foundation on clean dry skin. If no issues, it's not the foundation. Try using it over 1 of the above products at a time to see if there's a culprit. 

@Shanus  Bonjour ma petite chou!  Merci.  I'm currently in that experiment stage.  I think it's the primer.  I currently have the Isomers high definition primer and believe I will start looking for a new one or maybe just skip primer all together.  Thank you for sharing your expertise.  I truly appreciate it.  Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

brushes for everything......i feel like it gives better coverage, provides an even coverage, and they are easy to clean. buffing well is the key.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the Artis oval 6 (prefer) or oval 7 brush.  I pump some foundation onto the top of my hand, put some blobs of it on my face with my fingertips and use the brush to smooth out and blend.  The bristles are very, very compact so the foundation doesn't sink into the brush at all.  For me I use much less foundation than any other method and the result is flawless.  On occasion my under eye concealer needs a little help with a damp sponge. 

I use Huggies natural care wipes (baby wipe) to clean the surface of the brush immediately after use and wash them weekly with mild soap and water.  They are  several years old and still look like new. 

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

Flat-top buki brush works best for my pressed mineral foundation.

Honored Contributor

I use my fingers occasionally but most of the time I use a Trish McEvoy Sponge. @San Antonio Gal  I 'm not familiar with Real Techniques but I see they are less expensive and more accessible so will pick one up the next time I'm in a store.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.