Super Contributor

What is your most Versitile Eyeshadow Pallette?

Mine is the Lorac Pro Pallette, because of the variety of warm & cool tones & the fact that the top row is matte & the bottom is shimmer. I also can get a more neutral look which I prefer.

I have alot of pallettes & some I have depotted & made my own but Lorac I would highly reco. for someone looking for versitility in a pallette.

What is your choice for a versitile shadow pallette? Drugstore or Highend...

Super Contributor

Re: What is your most Versitile Eyeshadow Pallette?

I am with you, Kabella! I also have a nice collection of palettes, but the one I reach for the most is the Pro Palette!

Did you know that the Pro Palette 2 is being released this weekend? I am very interested in getting my hands on that one!!

Great thread, thanks for starting!

Super Contributor

On 6/13/2014 SJanielovesJim said:

I am with you, Kabella! I also have a nice collection of palettes, but the one I reach for the most is the Pro Palette!

Did you know that the Pro Palette 2 is being released this weekend? I am very interested in getting my hands on that one!!

Your Welcome! I did not know about their 2 pallette. Is it the same concept as the first with just a change in shades?

Super Contributor

On 6/13/2014 kabella said:

Your Welcome! I did not know about their 2 pallette. Is it the same concept as the first with just a change in shades?

Yes- a great mix of both their matte and shimmer shades. A couple of sneak-peeks on you tube right now- go check it out. I can't wait to see in person!

Honored Contributor

Mine is a simple quad from Suzanne Organics.

Only one choice of tonal browns and black is available so far. I'm using the soft taupe color as a primer for my entire lid area. Makes the one shade of darker brown look very pretty as a shadow.

Use the 'white-ish' color for the darkness of my inner eye.

And use the black sometimes for contouring my crease or for eyeliner or an over all smoky eye.

And thank goodness it comes in cool tones. I can't wait till other colors come out. I used to love wearing purples and even greens as I have green eyes. But I threw all of them out and won't go back!

Super Contributor

On 6/13/2014 kabella said:

Yes- a great mix of both their matte and shimmer shades. A couple of sneak-peeks on you tube right now- go check it out. I can't wait to see in person!

I'll check it out!

Super Contributor

On 6/13/2014 Lucky Charm said:

Mine is a simple quad from Suzanne Organics.

Only one choice of tonal browns and black is available so far. I'm using the soft taupe color as a primer for my entire lid area. Makes the one shade of darker brown look very pretty as a shadow.

Use the 'white-ish' color for the darkness of my inner eye.

And use the black sometimes for contouring my crease or for eyeliner or an over all smoky eye.

And thank goodness it comes in cool tones. I can't wait till other colors come out. I used to love wearing purples and even greens as I have green eyes. But I threw all of them out and won't go back!

Well, that is versitile the way you use the Quad. I too have many colors that I hardly use but if I do use them, I prefer the soft greens satins for the lids & only in the evening & combine that with soft brown mattes or use a similar shade of lavender with a touch of matte charcoal.

Honored Contributor

I have 2 of the Ulta palettes with a gazillion (real number!) different shadows for a ridiculously low price...good pigment, a variety of matte and shimmer shades, and they don't crease or 'crumble' (for lack of a better term) like some other prestige brands! It's a blast trying different colors and combinations. I generally do a tonal thing where I cover the entire lid with a light subdued shade in a particular color then take a darker shade, in the same family, to the outer corner and crease. Arts and crafts for big girls {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

There's an excellent review on youtube & demo for The Lorac Palette 2 by ""Mrslolalynn"". She shows the swatches & also the original pallette swatches. Just by looking at 2 I am not interested as I don't care for the deep jewel tones & it more of an all cool pallette as ""1"" is a mixture of cool & warm & more neutral tones that I prefer which I find more versitile... But thats just my preference.

Both are creamy pigmentated shadows & also 16 shades for 42.00 which makes them around 2.60 each. I think it well worth the price.

Respected Contributor

IT matte palette vol 1 -- for sure!