Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is your go to eau de perfume here in the United States?

[ Edited ]

Lauren by Ralph Lauren

Donna Karan Cahsmere Mist

Bvlgari

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (on sale right now at Nordies)

Bottega Vanetta

Prada Candy

D&G Fenemine (discontinued)

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

Aromatics Elixir by Clinique was my signature scent for YEARS, but I find that I reach for Tresor by Lancome more often now.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

I think that was all of our sig scents in the seventies. 😁 But most people used way too much and nearly knocked others unconscious at times lol

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

@crawford5153 wrote:

@On It wrote:

Guerlain Shalimar is my signature scent. The fragrance works with my body chemistry and makes a scent that has gotten many, many compliments throughout the years.

Do you buy the perfume online?  If so, where?

I did purchase it in person, but I moved to a smaller retail market so I have to order it online. I have ordered from Neiman Marcus and from Nordstrom. Check their websites. They have different sizes and price points. Once I made a big mistake and ordered from a perfume website. It was not authentic. I would stay with the reputable, well-known sources.

As a child, I remember my mom sitting at her dressing table applying Shalimar to her pulse points. ❤️

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

@crawford5153  My top three are always;

Nina Ricci, L'air du Temps

Dior Poison, purple bottle and

Chanel #5

I have used loads of other fragrance too. Flowerbomb is very nice. All the Jo Malone selections are wonderful. Any of them.

Annick Goutal, Mandragore

Moulton Brown, Fiery Pink Pepper

Guerlain, Samsara

L'aire du Temps came out in the 40's. I was born in the late 50's. I have worn it for every single one of the biggest milestones and accomplishments in my life. The scent is like a well worn glove to me. I always fall back to it. Can you imagine a fragrance that I discovered in my youth and I still am crazy about it? LOL. It smells like powdered carnations to me.

My mom had a patch of Sweet Williams as I was growing up. I loved to sit next to them and smell them. It was my happy place and intoxicating smell. L'aire du Temps brings that all back to me.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

DEMETER "Clover"........made in the USA, for everyday.    I also use the "classics" (Joy, Quelques Fleurs, etc., during the cooler months.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@On It wrote:

Guerlain Shalimar is my signature scent. The fragrance works with my body chemistry and makes a scent that has gotten many, many compliments throughout the years.

@On ItShalimar is my favorite scent. I love it!

I agree 100%. I have been using this for over 40 years. I have tried other scents but I always go back to Shalimar. I agree with you I get many compliments after all these years. As a matter of fact I just got a compliment 2 weeks ago.

Honored Contributor

If I ever get out to dept stores again, I've got to try this Shalimar.  Is it still made?  

Back in the day it was EL Beautiful.  Then I would combine it with Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Abricot .  An unlikely combo but it worked!  Then Light Blue.  Now it's Tom Ford's Oud Wood and Commodity's Velvet.  They are similar but if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Commodity Velvet.

Velvet Commodity for women and men

Capture.JPG

Commodity Velvet is part of the Black Collection which includes dark, moody and intense fragrances.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  QVC sells Shalimar

Trusted Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I love Jessica McClintock signature scent.  People actually run up to me on the street and ask me what I am wearing.  It is a light and lovely floral - true British scent.

@stellabystarlight 

I wore that back in the 80's and loved it! Didn't know they still made it.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.