Respected Contributor

Re: What is your go to GRADUAL Self Tanner?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Jergens ingredients are terrible!!

Imo, they're all bad. Just pick your poison...or not.

I TOTALLY AGREE and would never use it year round, we are going on vac in May - I don't want to be super tan, just a hint of color so I am more comfortable in my shorts, so I won't be using all this chemical stuff for long, I normally only use oils on my body, single oils so I don't get all the toxins.  

Honored Contributor

The problem I had with gradual tanner was that I wasn't careful enough every single day when I applied it. As it gradually developed, I saw weird patches from heavier streaks and missed spots from multiple previous applications.

I've just found it easier to be very thorough and meticulous only once a week or so with Tan Towels. But I am very pale, so faux tan has to be perfectly even on me or any missed areas make me look like a giraffe.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Contributor

Best I've ever used is one from Isle of Paradise. I use the light, and it produces a medium, believable tan that will last a week. Best of all, it does not transfer once dry.

Respected Contributor

I like the Tan Towels on HSN.  No fuss, no mess, just a nice glow.  I do wear gloves tho while using them.

Respected Contributor

@SandyAndy 

@SandyAndy wrote:

Best I've ever used is one from Isle of Paradise. I use the light, and it produces a medium, believable tan that will last a week. Best of all, it does not transfer once dry.

Where can one purchase Isle of Paradise?

Honored Contributor

I use Suzanne Organics, there's a light tanner and then an immediate tan.  I  prefer the *immediate* one.  I live at the beach and prefer to look tanned.

Honored Contributor

Even though I am at pool most the time living in FL.  During the winter months I use TAN TOWELS (bought at HSN) I never look like the orange "fake" tan but a nice bronze coloring.  

I dont know why but they always give me nice tan and I use them every other day.  The large wipes I use twice because they have a lot of solution.

I think they sell them at Sephora or Kohl's.

Contributor

I got it at Sephora.
Honored Contributor

It seems that St. Tropez has an excellent product and I would also trust Josie Maran's.  This year I plan on trying Josie's on my legs, feet and arms/hands.  I will not place it on my face.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

When I taught, I always spoke to my students about tanning during units that touched on nutrition and health.  One spring I started using Jergens Glo on my legs.  They all accused me of going to a tanning bed it was SO believeable.

I had to take the bottle in to show them!