Respected Contributor

What is your go to GRADUAL Self Tanner?

I want to try a gradual self tanner - can you recommend one you like?

Respected Contributor

Re: What is your go to GRADUAL Self Tanner?

Neutrogena build a tan. I have used it for many years.

Honored Contributor

I have never found a gradual self tanner that really worked and I've tried so many.  They all accumulate and get blotchy after a week or so.  If you exfolliate regularly like you should that negates the daily application.  I have noticed that many (who say Jergens or Neustrogena are the best as well as  some others are great) have that strange translucent uneven light orange/tan color that does not seem to enhance their look at all!  But if they are happy with the results that is all that matters.  

Honored Contributor

I've used Jergens and it's very good. If you can get past the heavy fragrance it has, then that's the one I would recommend. It's called Natural Glow and comes in two shades.

Trusted Contributor

I like ST. MORIZ gradual tanner.  It (the whole line actually) appears to be a knock off of St. Tropez sans the heavy perfume and is sold at a much better price point.  

The self tanner I actually use is Mine Tan but I haven't seen a gradual tanner product from them to check out, both for efficacy and price.  So far, I've been happy with the the ST MORIZ.  Gives you that deeper tone without much effort.  Rather inexpensive IMO.

Honored Contributor

Jergens ingredients are terrible!!

Honored Contributor

When I used to self-tan ... the stuff The Body Shop sold was what I like best.

When it was discontinue - I completely stopped self-tannng .... and "embraced the pale."  

Honored Contributor

Jergens.  It's the only tanning product I use.  I just hate the look of fake&bake tans.  I just want to look sun kissed, like I spent an hour or two in the park.  I don't want to look like a turkey  just out of the roaster.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Jergens ingredients are terrible!!

Imo, they're all bad. Just pick your poison...or not.

Super Contributor

It's not gradual so please forgive me for immediatelly being off track BUT the Isle of Paradise range is one of the most impressive self-tanners I have come across in the last 20 years. I love the drops for the face and mousse for the body.