Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite summer scent?

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Finally remembered it, it is called Bronze Goddess! I love it!

@CANDLEQUEEN - this is my favorite too! I'm waiting to grab it, because I was getting low last year and by the time I went to get a new one they were gone. 

Once summer comes I wear this and BBW Coconut Lime Breeze on days when I want something lighter - or when I'm around my one friend/co-worker who is allergic to all scents. Coconut Lime Breeze doesn't bother her! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Living in SoCal, I don't worry about seasons per se when it comes to perfumes. Plus, I don't enjoy heavy fragrances, so I rarely do Orientals or any other category that tends to overwhelm and that is often associated with cooler weather.

A few that I am really enjoying right now are Boucheron Bouchero Quatra, Cartier Baiser Vole Lys Rose (no rose in it), Oscar de La Renta Extraordinary, Trussardi Delicate Rose (it does have rose in it but very light), Boucheron Palace Vendome EDT, Calvin Klein Beauty, See by Chloe Eau Fraiche...okay, I'll stop before I embarrass myself any more. Smiley Embarassed

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

My new favorite is Beach by Bobbi Brown. At first, I laughed when I heard about it because of an old Seinfeld episode about Kramer's beach-scent perfume. However, when I smelled it, I was taken back to my summers growing up at the beach.

Respected Contributor

This has been my go to  summer fragrance for the past 15 years. The top note is grapefruit and it's a lovely fresh scent.o.504.jpg

Respected Contributor

Aerin Estee Lauder has a new summer fragrance called Mediterranean Honeysuckle. Its not on their website but Sephora has it. I am going to go to Sephora to check it out. Sounds pretty.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jo Loves Pomelo, the signature scent in the new line by Jo Malone

image.jpg

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Any scent that does not attract bees & mosquitoes. :smileytongue:

Then check out Victoria Secret Bombshell! It has a cult flowing because it keeps bugs away (you can google it).  I love it!  

I also wear Beach and Chanel's Chance during warmer months. Bombshell is my fave because I love the scent and because I am highly reactive to insect bites.

Esteemed Contributor

I love perfumes but many of my favorites have changed over the years....I stay with the same that never disappoint.  Fracas, Diorissmo, Chrystalle and when I can get it...Lauren by Ralph Lauren....

Trusted Contributor

I like Philosophy's Summer Grace body cream in the summer, as well as Baby Grace and Living Grace perfumes.

I do have the Nest fragrances in the small bottles (not sprays) and I do love the Paradise for summer...it has a light, orangey citrus scent.  The scent doesn't seem to stay, though, I need to keep reapplying.  Also love Dahlia & Vines from Nest for summer.

I think I'll have to try the Beach perfume others have mentioned next time I'm at the perfume counter...now I'm curious!!

Respected Contributor

I just got a generously sized 0.14 oz.sample from Sephora as a 100 point bonus gift of Atelier Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue & I like it a lot & it seems to have very good staying power. 

The box gives the notes as: Blood Orange from Italy, Jasmine From Eqypt & Sandalwood From Indonesia.

It's a bit spendy for a regular bottle, but this sample will last me awhile, since it's not one of those usualy seensy sized samples.  Atelier has some other scents that sound interesting, so next time I'm at Sephora, I'll see if they have them in-store to check out.