Frequent Contributor

Re: What is your favorite natural face moisturizer?

Medicine Mama's Sweet Bee Magic

Honored Contributor

I like Argan oil and I also like almond oil. I'm told olive oil is great, but just can't use something I cook with! Go figure...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Miriacle worker pads, the liquid gel ,eye cream, then the moistuirzing cream. Super!
Frequent Contributor

Unrefined coconut oil - found in most supermarkets for about $4.50 for 14 ounces.

Honored Contributor

I like oils as much as the next person, but I don't use just an oil for moisture. I use an oil more for sealing in moisture. I use and love Paula's Choice Skin Recovery moisturizer every night and also in the morning as an eye cream.

Just an FYI about using coconut oil on the face: Many people can do so without any problems, but do know that it rates high on the comedogenic scale.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I have combo skin, normal with oily T-zone (used to be acne-prone super-duper oily when younger).

I've have great luck with ASDM Beverly Hills Marine Firming Complex and their hyaluronic acid serum. The Marine cream is a light, whipped gel texture, surprisingly moisturizing for such a light cream but not at all greasy.

Here are the ingredients for the Marine cream:

ACTIVES: Hyaluronic Acid, Marine Seaweed Homeostatine (Enteromorpha Compressa Extract (and) Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum), Matrixyl 3000, Glycan Booster, Vitamin E, Aloe Vera Extract, Pumpkin Seed Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract. INACTIVES: Distilled water, Carbomer, Triglyceride, Sodium PCA, Camellia seed oil, EDTA, Allantoin, Geranium, Optiphen.

I've just recently started using Maracuja oil (Passionfruit oil) made from the seeds of the passionfruit. This oil is very light (lighter than argan and marula oils) and absorbs readily, very high in linoleic acid and low in oleic acid, and therefore great for acne-prone oily skin. This oil has not caused me any breakouts or adverse reactions and leaves my skin feeling soft as a rose petal.

As Magemay mentioned, the acid mantle of your skin may be compromised from your cleanser. If your cleanser is too alkaline, it can strip your skin and disrupt the acid mantle causing dry, flakey skin. It's critical that your cleanser be as close to the pH of your skin as possible, pH 5.5.

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2015 suzyQ3 said:

I like oils as much as the next person, but I don't use just an oil for moisture. I use an oil more for sealing in moisture. I use and love Paula's Choice Skin Recovery moisturizer every night and also in the morning as an eye cream.

Just an FYI about using coconut oil on the face: Many people can do so without any problems, but do know that it rates high on the comedogenic scale.

I second these. An oil over a moisturizer is really effective to seal in the moisture. I love many oils, but find that rose hip seed oil provides the most moisture. Coconut oil breaks me out badly, so I avoid it.

Someone else recommended a humidifier, and I second that, as well. I have one in my living room and one in my bedroom. They have timers, so the one in the living room turns on an hour before I plan to get home and the one in the bedroom turns on an hour before I usually go to bed. They make a huge difference in the winter when the forced air is on. I also have a small humidifier on my desk, which runs off bottled water. I refill the bottle with filtered water as needed.

Super Contributor

Petal Fresh, White Radiance Deep Moisturizing Cream and Vaseline.

Trusted Contributor

Nivea Cream in the Tin! Fabulous results. Google it and read the reviews.
Trusted Contributor

Oops I missed natural. Anyway it is a great product for wrinkles.