Regular Contributor

Re: What is your favorite natural face moisturizer?

On 1/13/2015 GoofyMom50 said:

Thank you very much for all of your great replies. I appreciate them very much. I use Nourish for my cleanser + I like that a lot. I have many great ideas that sound great, thank you , again.

Have you tried the TJ Nourish Antioxidant face moisturizer or the Enrich Moisturizing face lotion?

I use SKINN products. Have you looked at any if those products?

Frequent Contributor

I would like to use Skinn, unfortunately they have a lot of the preservatives in them that bother my allergies. I wish , A LOT , he would use natural preservatives. I would like to use them. I haven't tried the Trader Joes.

What cleansers do you use that have the good pH + are the best?

Esteemed Contributor

Zia - Ultimate Moisture

It's water based and no oils which don't really work well on my face.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 GoofyMom50 said:

I would like to use Skinn, unfortunately they have a lot of the preservatives in them that bother my allergies. I wish , A LOT , he would use natural preservatives. I would like to use them. I haven't tried the Trader Joes.

What cleansers do you use that have the good pH + are the best?

I use two cleansers that may fit the vague description of "natural." Wink

In the morning I wash with a very soothing, moisturizing cream cleanser -- Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk. I have normal/dry, sensitive skin, and it has never caused me any problems. It can be used by all skin types but is especially good for normal, dry, or mature skin.

In the evening I use One Love Organics Active Moisture Cleansing Oil and Makeup Remover. This is ideal not just for cleansing but also for removing all traces of makeup, including my waterproof eyeliner.

Both cleansers are pH balanced.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

Josie Maran's Argan Milk Serum and Argan Oil. All natural and moisturizing.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Esteemed Contributor

Andalou 1000 roses cream moisturizer..also like Aubrey's calming moisturizer. Get both at Whole Foods. Both are very gentle!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/13/2015 madcity411 said:

Petroleum jelly.

Isn't that heavy?? In the summer too?

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 emmysmom said:
On 1/13/2015 madcity411 said:

Petroleum jelly.

Isn't that heavy?? In the summer too?

It might be. But really, I don't think of petroleum jelly and oils and butters, while all excellent products, as moisturizers. I do use a blend of facial oils OVER my moisturizer to help seal it in.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 1/18/2015 GoofyMom50 said:
On 1/13/2015 magemay said:

I have skin that's inherently dry that became worse after jumping onto some bandwagons and getting caught up in hype which took my once nice skin and played havoc with it. I stopped and went back to the type of products that worked for me before the mess the others created.

My goal was to achieve a healthy, balanced acid mantel (that I once had) which would alleviate the dryness and other problems those bandwagons caused, and then maintain it.

I would suggest starting with the fundamentals, which I believe are cleansers.

This is my broken record:

I removed everything that touches my skin and hair, which contain SLS and SLES. These foaming surfactants are notoriously drying. Once doing that the change began.

Increase consumption of healthy fats

Add humidifiers

Use products that contain emollients and humectents such as aloe. Lipids from oils protect the skin from TEWL and aloe is a humectent, as are substances like glycerine. Hyaluronic Acid is one, too, but it attracts moisture and if it can't find it from the air, it will take it from the skin.

I don't use anything on my face that is labeled "moisturizer" for a number if reasons, I don't like the cream consistency on my face and my face doesn't like them on it, but other's do well with them and there are some very nice ones on the market that contain ingredients derived from "nature."

My skin is nicely balanced and healthy now. By using lotion type cleansers, serums that contain emollients and humectents, additional oils for the lipids to help seal it all in, increased intake of healthy fats and by using humidifiers, I no longer have dry skin.

What are the Brands + names of the products you use + where do you get them? This sounds very interesting. Thank you in advance.

I use Nourish brand cleanser.

I'm so sorry, I missed your question.

Here's my routine. It took some time and a little trial and error to fine tune, but it works for me. Each were chosen with a specific criteria in mind. This is my basic routine, there are a few other things I do, which include some home formulated solns and easy masks.

The cleansers I use are Suzanne Organics Everyday Cleanser and Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk.

Suzanne Organics Calming Toner followed by:

AM serum cocktail:

ASDM Intensive Repair Vitamin C serum (MAP) + Vitamin E - asdmbeverlyhills.com

Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum (SAP) + Ferulic acid - iherb, luckyvitamin.com

Avacado Oil - 2 drops - mountainroseherbs.com or Aura Cacia

Olive Squalane - 2 drops - ingredientstodiefor.com

ASDM Sunscreen

PM:

Mad Hippie Vitamin A serum

Wait 20-30 mins

Cocktail:

DeVita Sun Damage Repair serum - various etailers

DeVita Optimal Rejuvenation serum

Suzanne Organics Ageless serum - Evine live.com or Suzanne Somers.com

Wait - then cocktail

Acure Marula oil - 1 pump w/ 3 drops Olive Squalane

---------------------------------------------------------

Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk - Pharmaca.com

2 nights a week I use Suzanne Organics Exfoliating Peach Cleanser.

Honored Contributor

What are the ingredients in the Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Moisturizer?