Super Contributor

What is your favorite long lasting lip liner????

I have been looking for a gel lip liner that really stays on.  Can you recommend one?

Respected Contributor

Re: What is your favorite long lasting lip liner????

IT Cosmetics Your Lips But Better, I use it in Romantic Rose.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I have a lot of lip liners. Some of the ones I love are my MAC, NARS, but the ones I'm loving right now are the one from Colourpop, and they're $5. The other brand I love is Essence and I get them at Ulta for $1.99. Sometimes I just use the liner as my all over lip color, but I do find that my lipstick stays a lot longer when I use a lip liner as my base.  

Valued Contributor

I have used them all from Chanel to the Ulta brand.  The best lip liner and lipstick is Revlon ColorStay.  Lasts forever

Trusted Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I have a lot of lip liners. Some of the ones I love are my MAC, NARS, but the ones I'm loving right now are the one from Colourpop, and they're $5. The other brand I love is Essence and I get them at Ulta for $1.99. Sometimes I just use the liner as my all over lip color, but I do find that my lipstick stays a lot longer when I use a lip liner as my base.  

@wvumountiefan I'm interested in both the lip liners and the brow pencils from Colourpop but cannot find where they are sold at retail to check out.  I know they can be purchased on line but I'd rather see them in person first.  Care to share where you've seen and purchased them?  Thank you in advance!

Trusted Contributor

I've tried some gel lip liners without success.  The nature of any gel product makes it want to slide.  I've had the same experience with gel eye liners.

I've tried many lip liners over the years, but continue to go back to the first one I ever tried back when I wasin my late twenties.  Ready?  Wet 'n Wild lip liner in Brandywine.  $0.99!

Don't let the name of the color scare you off, it is as neutral as neutral can be.  The only lipstick shade I have not been able to use it with is my nude shade.

It goes on easily, doesn't drag and it takes a little extra cleanser on a washcloth to remove it completely.

Respected Contributor

@fitfuninformed  Sorry, I just saw your post this morning. They're not at any retail store, as far as I know. They are less than a couple years old as a company. If you google swatches for their products, they are raved about on YouTube. That's where I learned about them. They also show swatches on the web site, not always on the new arrivals though. HTH

Honored Contributor

Skinn Smudge Sticks for lips. Never come off.

Frequent Contributor

Revlon ColorStay in Nude.  Goes with every color and lasts all day!!  Blends beautifully so no harsh line either.

Occasional Contributor

Mac PRO lip liners are the best hands down!