Honored Contributor

What is your favorite lash curler?

[ Edited ]

What is your favorite lash curler? Years ago I ordered Tarte's and it pinched the heck out of me every time I used it. It was like a medieval torture device. As a kid I used Revlon's but when it finally broke I bought a new one. It was made so shabbily when I tried it. It wasn't usable. I contemplated ordering Sheuemura's but reviews said that they are made to fit the flatter facial features of Japanese women and many American reviewers had a hard time because of this. I just checked their website and their price has come down to $23.  My research led me to Shiseido. I bought one and at the time, it was expensive. It was pretty good but it does pinch a bit now and then.  They have come down in price so I'll be ordering another one because I am always leaving mine in a suitcase and I have to look through the suitcases to find it. I was hoping that QVC carried it, so I could add it to my free shipping, 5 easy pays order. 

Respected Contributor

Re: What is your favorite lash curler?

I’m using a Tweezerman one.
Honored Contributor

I have a Shumera (sp?) and have used it for years.  It doesn't pinch my older, hooded eyes at all.  

Honored Contributor

another vote for Sheuemura

Tried it years ago when Lisa R was selling it and have stayed with it ever since.

All others went in the trash.

Absolutely best I have used.  No issues with my eyes/lashes/lids either.

Honored Contributor

I don't use a lash curler anymore. I found I was losing too many lashes no matter how careful I was with it. When I did use one, I used either Maybelline or Revlon. 

Trusted Contributor

Maybelline. I tried a different brand once and even though it looked pretty much the same I couldn't use it. I guess after 20 plus years you just get used to how something feels when you use it. I'm super twitchy about stuff around my eyes so that's probably a factor.

Super Contributor

Shu Uemura  is the best eyelash curler I've ever used.  They appeared to stop selling them in the U.S. years ago, as I was unable to find them for a long time.  The ones on ebay and Amazon were rumored to be knockoffs, so I never bought them.  Now I see that they're back and I'm thrilled.  I'm now using one from Thrive Cosmetics and I'm happy with it, but I plan to order another Shu Uemura very soon.

Honored Contributor

@Northern Belle 2 @They are for sale on their website. 

Honored Contributor

I had curled my lashes since I was a young teen...fast forward to now at 66 years old.  My lashes are very straight and no longer curl.  I have tried all kids of curlers, heated, expensive, cheap, nothing works.  I have tried different mascaras as well,  again nothing works.

I liked my lashes curled because it opened up my eyes.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Mindy D 

I have the Sheuemura but it's not my favorite.  There is line across the top, that bends the tops of my lashes.  Quite the design flaw for the "best" curler.

When did you last try Revlon? I bought one recently that is red and black.  It comes with a replacement refill.  I really like it.  It's not cheaply made at all.  Sturdy and smooth curling action.