Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite foundation or tinted moisturizer and why?

@Katcat1   I think there are too many cosmetic companies, too much competition for coming out w/ the BEST foundations, formulations, shades, levels of coverage, ingredients promising anti-aging, spf, moisture, matte, blurring, etc.  It’s confusing for the customers.

They’ve made their money by women purchasing many products looking for their HG, even if they only sell it to them once before they move on to another line.

The pity is that we find the perfect one and it’s either discontinued or formulation changed or company sold & too many changes made including price increases. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love Bobbi Brown foundation stick. It goes on sheer and feels great on the skin. Lasts.

For days that I'm not doing anything then I sue Dr. Denese Day cream which is a multi task product- spf, moisturizer and foundation in one. It's great, especially if I'm in the garden. 

Awhile back I did a "make under". I went through all my makeup and skincare and threw out or paired down what I had. I was always going to a few favorites when I was in a rush so I kept that as my core and just added a few extras. One of my better ideas.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

After trying some new foundations over this past year I went back to the one that looks the best on me, wears well, looks flawless:  Lancome Teinte Idole 24-hr.  

I get compliments on my skin every time I wear this, and it lasts all day without breaking down, getting cakey, getting shiny, etc.  Great foundation, lots of shades for you to get a perfect match.

I also use less than I used to, blend it quickly over primer with fingers, and use a soft foundation brush to finish application and smooth it out.  I apply mostly where I need it, and the brush blends it all nicely.  

BareMinerals Mineral Veil to finish, looks beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1  Right now I’m loving Makeup Forever (Matte Velvet Skin) in both liquid (squeeze tube) and their powder foundation. A drugstore liquid foundation I’m also liking is Catrice All Matt Plus. I have oily skin and they all perform great for me. I have a ton of foundations, but these are my favorites.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Are you a makeup artist?  I have noticed in the past how you talk about various products you are trying out.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I live in Florida and have very fair skin. I can't go outside without SPF. I've spent so much money over the years trying to find a tinted moisturizer with minimum SPF30.

I tried Jose and it was orangy. Unfortunately, I bought the large size and threw it out.

My favorite, hands down is PTR CC Cream, SPF 30 Complexion Corrector. It is perfect because it isn't heavy, doesn't change color and truly lasts all day even when sweating.

I've been using it for years and I just hope he doesn't change it.

Last year QVC had Algenist on and I decided to try their Genius Liquid Colligen Serum. I loved that product so much that when they offered their tinted moisturizer SPF 30 I ordered it.

I love it. I use it when I'm going out at night or somewhere dressy because it is more like a foundation. It is creamy and hides red or brown spots. It makes your skin look so soft and young. It lasts a long time and does not rub off. Its called Algenist Repairing Tint & Radiance Moisturizer SPF 30 with Microalgae Oil.

Both are my favorites, both hide my red areas and any dark spots yet don't appear heavy. Both last all day in this unending heat we have here.

Honored Contributor

I decided to try Smashbox BB cream so I hope it works out as far as finish and shade color.  I bought it at Nordstrom so it will be easy to return if it does not work but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh man, I feel the same. I have had two of my staples just evaporate. The Bobbi Brown tinted balm in a jar and then my beloved Lancome Bienfant Total which gave me a flawless poreless experience. What is wrong with these companies, people want these products. The youth is all thing is starting to tick me off but good. Went to the mall today, first time in ages. So many stores shut down, the clerks are all yakking with each other or on the phone. They look insanely unprofessional, all tatted up with long claws...just saddens me the downward spiral all around. Bet they are NOT buying the  $40.oo BB creams. But these companies can find outthe hard way, and go under too. LANCOME are you reading? Do you see what this product is going for Ebay???.

Respected Contributor

Josie Maran spf 47 tinted...BM complexion Rescue & BM original mineral foundation. They all work so well for me so no need to try anything new. 

Occasional Contributor

I LOVE Perricone MD High Potency Face Finishing Tinted Moisurizer.

It is kind of a strange color in the jar but when you put in on your face 

it just gives you a natural tinted color, for me it looks like I got a little tan!

IT IS THE BEST!!!!  I had used a Clinique tint that you mixed with your

moisurizer before that but this is so much better!  I use Perricone Cold Plasma

first and then follow with the tinted moisturizer.  It also has a SPF of 30.

It's expensive but it is pretty thick so you don't use much. It lasts a really long time.

I highly recommend it!!