Frequent Contributor

What is your favorite eyebrow product for a more natural looking eyebrow?

Hi, I'm looking for an eyebrow product for natural looking eyebrows. Not a harsh looking eyebrow (not a Joan Crawford look).

My eyebrows are starting to be more sparse than usual. So I have to start looking for a product for my eyebrows. I want something that looks as natural as possible. There are so many choices. Pencils, powders, gels and etc.

What is your favorite product to use on your eyebrows. I got one from Tarte, a powder, but I find I actually need some gel or something to keep them in shape too.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite eyebrow product for a more natural looking eyebrow?

Joan River's brow product. Doesn't smear, sweat-proof...best I've used so far.

Trusted Contributor

I like Benefit's "Gimme Brow" product. It's a gel that is applied with a little mascara-type product. Comes in two shades. I like it because the darker shade is dark enough for my brows, and the little fibers fill in the sparse areas at tthe end of my brows.
Frequent Contributor

I, too, have sparse eyebrows and no tails. I've tried so many before finally finding what works for me. Actually, I use a combination of two to receive the look I feel is most natural.

First, I lightly powder my brows with Josie Maran's Liquid Powder and then I start with Tarte EmphasEYES™ For Brows High Definition Eyebrow Pencil (which use to be available here but now I can only find it a Sephora) and then I follow up with Laura Geller's Brow Marble pencil (A257029).

This combination also last the whole day. I know it sounds like a lot of work but I've gotten it down and it only takes me minutes to do.

Super Contributor

I prefer pencils to fill in where things are sparse...Anastasia Brow Wiz (for a thin line) and Benefit Instant Brow Pencil (for a thicker line). The Benefit pencil also has gel in it!

Before sparseness set in, I used Anastasia's Tinted Brow Gel. It has a mascara-like brush and you just sweep it thru your eyebrow hairs - thickens and sets everything in place!

Regular Contributor

A251475

tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse w/ Bamboo Brush is the first product I use... to that I follow up with a Stila ''marker'' that is bullet proof and will not sweat or wear off. I use the ''light'' so it doesn't look "Joan Crawford" but unlike the Tarte of Geller or others - it does STAY in place until you remove it.

Valued Contributor

Anastasia Brow Pen followed by NYX brow cake powder mixed with a little wax

Respected Contributor

YBF (HSN).

IT is just OK. I don't like it because it's a chisel point and not a point pencil.

Honored Contributor

I've had a good experience with IT Brow Power and Joan Rivers brow powder, but I'm looking forward to trying the Benefit Gimme Brow (I recently ordered and it was delivered today).

Super Contributor

Maybelline Expert Wear (red pencil), simple and cheap, comes in a pack of 2.

I've used YBF universal pencil, It Cosmetic's universal pencil (pretty much the same as YBF), and other pencils and gels including Benefit gimme brow (light), that always look too dark or red on me.

I've never really had to do my brows, I have naturally blonde hair, and my brows have always been pretty dark so I never filled them in (just plucked to tame). Since I'm getting older (38 yrs) my brows have been thinning and looking more sparse, so I've been experimenting more, but I still don't want them to look too dark or drawn in, because it looks really weird on me (partially because I'm not used to it I'm sure).

So in my search for a good blonde brow pencil, I found Maybelline Expert Wear (red pencil) in blonde I think? It's the lightest shade, and it looks pretty good and natural! If you're looking for something simple and cheap, give it a shot! Just remember to sharpen it first, I think there's a slight coating on it to keep it fresh when you first buy it.