Esteemed Contributor

What is your favorite drugstore liquid foundation?

I recently ordered a foundation from HSN which looked divine on tv. Now that I have it I'm not sure it is the right color for me. Another issue I have is when I applied it to my face before moisturizer it went on smooth as silk...not so when I had the moisturizer on. It stayed on all day, no problems but I think I will send it back. There have been so many great posts about Drugstore foundation so I decided to go that route.

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Regular Contributor

Re: What is your favorite drugstore liquid foundation?

Maybelline dream liquid mousse!! Been using it for about 4 years! The one in the pump not the jar!! I've use to pay $50 for foundation! Not!!!! Anymore!!,
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/8/2014 beautybuster said: Maybelline dream liquid mousse!! Been using it for about 4 years! The one in the pump not the jar!! I've use to pay $50 for foundation! Not!!!! Anymore!!,

beautybuster thank you for your reply, I'll check it out.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Frequent Contributor

There are tons of really great drugstore foundations. Revlon Colorstay is a really good option and comes in lots of shades. Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation is good too. Rimmel Lasting Finish also. I use all of these. I also like the Almay Smart Shade foundation, but it's a little more of a sheerer coverage. I have oily/combo skin. Go on youtube and check out some reviews. I would look for someone who has skin similar to your type and see what works for them.

Respected Contributor

Rimmel lasting finish. Another drugstore product that I really like is Lumene BB Cream.

Esteemed Contributor

The you tube suggestion is a god one, I'll try it.

Super Contributor

Almay TLC - great coverage, lasts all day, perfect match to my skin tone.

Honored Contributor

This is an easy peasy one for me - L'Oreal true match. You can get cool toned, warm toned or neutral. I was a cool 3 but we have been swimming a lot and I needed to go deeper so I am now a neutral 5. The girl at our Walgreens who mans the cosmetics register is very good at helping pick just the right shade.

Super Contributor

Almay makes one that automatically matches to your complexion. It is white in the tube then changes when you apply it. I used it for awhile and really liked it.

Frequent Contributor

On 5/9/2014 paShar said:

Almay makes one that automatically matches to your complexion. It is white in the tube then changes when you apply it. I used it for awhile and really liked it.

Almay Smart Shade. I like it too. I stopped wearing tinted moisturizers b/c this gives so much more coverage even though it's sheer. I use the Anti-Aging one w/ the red cap.