Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is your favorite drugstore face wash cleanser?

@Anonymous wrote:

I edited my post to add the name of the face wash I am using that I get at HSN in a kit. it is Serious Skincare A Wash.

@anonymous23, CeraVe SA Renewing Cleanser is the one from that brand which would be the comparable subtitute to Serious Skincare's A Wash.  In fact, having tried A Wash before, I would even dare to say that the CeraVe SA is gentler. Of the Serious Skincare cleansers, the A and original Gycolic are the two which actually clean my face.  If I were choosing between those two I would opt for the Gycolic.

I know in your original post you entioned cost, but although SSC isn't on air nearly as often as in the past, they usually present some kind of cleanser specials (on large sizes) a couple times per year.  If you really would like to stick with A Wash, check the HSN website for stock up opportunities during their visits.    

Trusted Contributor

I like foaming face washes. Do the Cerave face washes foam up? 

Esteemed Contributor

Clean and Clear.......

*Call Tyrone*
Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Clean & Clear Foaming Facewash for Sensitive skin at night.  Does a great job removing all my make-up but doesn't leave my dry skin drier and tight feeling.

Cetaphil in the morning when I having nothing on my skin.  Cetaphil absolutely does not remove my make-up. 

I love the Clean and Clear for sensitive skin too. My aunt, who works for Johnson and Johnson, said it's exactly the same formula as Purpose and usually much cheaper.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Clean & Clear Foaming Facewash for Sensitive skin at night.  Does a great job removing all my make-up but doesn't leave my dry skin drier and tight feeling.

Cetaphil in the morning when I having nothing on my skin.  Cetaphil absolutely does not remove my make-up. 

I know you've posted before that you don't like skincare products that have fragrance in them....did you know that cleanser does?  My sister uses it.  I was about to use it, but I read the ingredients.  There is a fragrance in there.

Anyway, if you're breaking out ever...it could be that.

Back to the question, I like Cerave in the green bottle.  Neutrogena makes one that has a bit of fragrance in it, but I think it's the last ingredient and doesn't bother me.

I can use a PTR one that has no fragrance, but it's hard to find.  It's in a white bottle and is unscented.  I love that!

Cetaphil breaks me out unless it's the foaming one.  The other one feels like grease on my skin.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I like foaming face washes. Do the Cerave face washes foam up? 

The green and white bottle one doesn't foam much, but it's better than the other one that is for dry skin.  I like foaming ones too, but I still like the Cerave in the green/white.  You may want to try it. 

For foaming, Neutrogena in the blue bottle is good.  Paula B recommends it.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

What % of SA is in this cleanser? And where do you buy it, please?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

I love Garnier as well as a cleanser, use it with my foreo luna. Many dermatologists in Europe have told me that soap and water should do the trick, I do not wear make up, however this "method" leaves my skin too dry🌻

Honored Contributor

I like Olay Foaming Face Wash - Sensitive

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle FOAMING Face Wash for 2-3 years and I do believe it's my favorite of all time.  I briefly jumped on the Cerve bandwagon a few months ago but didn't care for it at all.