Esteemed Contributor

What is your favorite drug store foundation?

I am ready to go shopping for a drug store foundation and would love input from you smart shoppers out there. I definitely do not want a matte finish, I prefer a light dewy finish. When I lived in Southern California I was fortunate to have a Senna Make Up Salon close by and had my foundation custom blended so yes, I was spoiled. There are so many to choose from and it would help a lot to hear about your favorites and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: What is your favorite drug store foundation?

If you prefer dewy, Flower cosmetics at Walmart has a nice one. I think it's About Face. I also like Revlon color stay for dry skin. It's more satin finish on me. HTH!
Super Contributor

On 4/6/2015 FUTURE said: If you prefer dewy, Flower cosmetics at Walmart has a nice one. I think it's About Face. I also like Revlon color stay for dry skin. It's more satin finish on me. HTH!

I agree.

Respected Contributor

I love Revlon Photo Ready. I've been using it for about 6 + years. I even used it on my wedding. It does not have a matte finish. I would describe it as more on the dewy side but not matte. Maybe satin.

I have oily skin and it works very well for me. It blends so well. That is why it was better to use on my wedding day than the more expensive foundations I tried at Sephora from Makeup Forever.

~Live with Intention~
Super Contributor

I previously liked Revlon Colorstay in the whipped formulation, but my skin underwent a drastic change in the last year and I can no longer use it. (Went from oily to really dry, for no understandable reason.) But prior to this change, I really enjoyed the Colorstay and would recommend it to others.

Respected Contributor

On 4/6/2015 Colonel Meow said:

I previously liked Revlon Colorstay in the whipped formulation, but my skin underwent a drastic change in the last year and I can no longer use it. (Went from oily to really dry, for no understandable reason.) But prior to this change, I really enjoyed the Colorstay and would recommend it to others.

My skin did that about 6 years ago. I had to overhaul EVERYTHING. It's a long and arduous process. Hope you quickly find (or already found) items that work for you!
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/6/2015 FUTURE said: If you prefer dewy, Flower cosmetics at Walmart has a nice one. I think it's About Face. I also like Revlon color stay for dry skin. It's more satin finish on me. HTH!

I really need to try the Flower line. Have you tried any other products from this line because I was wondering about their mascara. The wand twist to adjust it to create volume and length and I thought it looked interesting and wondered if anyone tried it.

Lindsays Grandma, I like a dewy finish too and I don't need a whole lot of coverage and I have been using Revlon Age Defying CC cream. I really like this and it leaves a nice dewy finish.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

I really need to try the Flower line. Have you tried any other products from this line because I was wondering about their mascara. The wand twist to adjust it to create volume and length and I thought it looked interesting and wondered if anyone tried it.

Lindsays Grandma, I like a dewy finish too and I don't need a whole lot of coverage and I have been using Revlon Age Defying CC cream. I really like this and it leaves a nice dewy finish.

Yes, the zoom mascara. I am pretty picky with mascara and I really like it. I love the brush and basically use it semi twisted for best effect for my lashes. I was not a fan of the cream eyeshadow I tried though. I tried one of her lip crayon/stains and like that pretty well. Not sure I'd re-order it though. Not a bad product, just that I like other things better.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/6/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 4/6/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

Yes, the zoom mascara. I am pretty picky with mascara and I really like it. I love the brush and basically use it semi twisted for best effect for my lashes. I was not a fan of the cream eyeshadow I tried though. I tried one of her lip crayon/stains and like that pretty well. Not sure I'd re-order it though. Not a bad product, just that I like other things better.

Thank you so much. I need to get this.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Irish, I tried a cream blush and cream shadow. Both were ok, but nothing to rave about. I haven't tried her mascara. I only use Maybelline waterproof, as it's the only thing that will hold my lashes curl.