Valued Contributor

Re: What is your fav. cleanser for keeping pores clear?

Cleansers aren't good enough to keep my pores clear. I am currently using Kiehls Ultra face wash and it works well to remove residual make up left on my skin after I use a make up remove wipe. 

I find that Paula's Choice 2% BHA gel works well to keep my pores clear. i've tried the liquid as well and that works too. I always follow with a moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated. 

Trusted Contributor

I love witch hazel. I buy Walmart's Equate brand and put it in a spray bottle. After cleansing, I spritz my face with it and when it is mostly absorbed, with face still damp, I apply my serum and moisturizer.

I have recently made a more patient effort to let my cleanser stay on my face for a couple of minutes. This is making a big improvement in clarifying my skin.

Valued Contributor

thank you @Nightowlz   for posting that you use the beekman face cleaning bars. i really appreciate it.

i don't have enlarged pores, but have wanted to try these bars, 'cause i really like their honey & oats bar soap.

i can't tell you how many times i have added the face bars to my cart, then removed them at the last minute. why? i honestly don't know.

i do wish that the face bars came with a container of some sort, as i can't just leave the bar out in the open. guess i need to go through my small lock n lock containers <smile>

since philosophy first came out, that was my cleanser. last year, i finally took the plunge and started looking for replacements because i want to be as chemical free as possible.

i use the korres tea foaming cleanser and love it! i like having 2 cleansers to switch between.

the next time the beekmans are on air, i will try again to put the order through for these face cleansing bars.

Honored Contributor

Maderma Facial Cleanser!

About 10 years ago, I had gone to my dermatologist because I had "white heads" all over my nose".  He said it was pores clogged with protein!  What???

I turned it around in two weeks with Maderma and use it every night now.  I get a lot of comments about smoothness and clearness of my skin.

Honored Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

thank you @Nightowlz   for posting that you use the beekman face cleaning bars. i really appreciate it.

i don't have enlarged pores, but have wanted to try these bars, 'cause i really like their honey & oats bar soap.

i can't tell you how many times i have added the face bars to my cart, then removed them at the last minute. why? i honestly don't know.

i do wish that the face bars came with a container of some sort, as i can't just leave the bar out in the open. guess i need to go through my small lock n lock containers <smile>

since philosophy first came out, that was my cleanser. last year, i finally took the plunge and started looking for replacements because i want to be as chemical free as possible.

i use the korres tea foaming cleanser and love it! i like having 2 cleansers to switch between.

the next time the beekmans are on air, i will try again to put the order through for these face cleansing bars.

@iwrite 

Honey & Oats is my favorite bar.

I use the Beekman/MacKenzie-Childs Morning Glory soap dish for the facial soap. I just leave it on the vanity in my bathroom.

I bought several of the 2 piece travel soap containers to use for the larger Beekman soap. I can use those when I travel plus I can have another bar open at the same time & use the one I want to. It's the only one I could find to fit their soap.

soap container.PNG

Esteemed Contributor

I've had oily skin all my life.  Since my 50's (I'm 70 now), I've been fighting enlarged pores and keeping them cleaned out.   The only product that ever helped me, and changed the texture of my complexion for the better, is SSC's glycolic cleanser.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Maderma Facial Cleanser!

About 10 years ago, I had gone to my dermatologist because I had "white heads" all over my nose".  He said it was pores clogged with protein!  What???

I turned it around in two weeks with Maderma and use it every night now.  I get a lot of comments about smoothness and clearness of my skin.

@ECBG  THANK YOU!!! Sounds wonderful, where do you get it?

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl I used to get it behind the counter at the pharmacy.   Now it's more convenient for me to order from Amazon since I'm  prime.

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

As I get into my later 40's my pores clog more easily. My clarisonic died last year, I just purchased another one but I would like to get a cleaner that I can use DAILY that will help keep my pores clear.  I get those enlarged oil glands that don't go away so I really need to be sure I'm getting deep into those pores.

Thank you for your help and suggestions!

@SandGirl, I realize you are looking for a good cleanser, but I would like to suggest PC Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant.  I've used it for so many years.  It's the best item I've ever used for my complexion that made a HUGE positive difference. 

I also use a drugstore cleanser called Olay Gentle Clean Foaming Cleanser. 

I used to have excessively oily skin and clogged, large pores.  The above duo has changed my skin to poreless.

Good luck in finding your perfect product as we're all different.  

Honored Contributor

I cannot use any kind of grainy cleanser on a daily basis.  It just makes my skin too dry.

I use Clean & Clear Foaming Facewash for sensitive skin every evening.  It totally cleanses my skin of make-up, etc.  I follow by Paula's Choice 2% AHA Solution and then my moisturizer.  In the morning I use Cetaphil and Dickinson's Witch Hazel Toner.

Twice a week I use Philosophy Microdelivery wash and I do my best to use a mask every Sunday.  I alternate depending on how my skin is.