Respected Contributor

What is your fav. cleanser for keeping pores clear?

As I get into my later 40's my pores clog more easily. My clarisonic died last year, I just purchased another one but I would like to get a cleaner that I can use DAILY that will help keep my pores clear.  I get those enlarged oil glands that don't go away so I really need to be sure I'm getting deep into those pores.

Thank you for your help and suggestions!

Honored Contributor

Re: What is your fav. cleanser for keeping pores clear?

@SandGirl wrote:

As I get into my later 40's my pores clog more easily. My clarisonic died last year, I just purchased another one but I would like to get a cleaner that I can use DAILY that will help keep my pores clear.  I get those enlarged oil glands that don't go away so I really need to be sure I'm getting deep into those pores.

Thank you for your help and suggestions!

@SandGirl   You might need to see a dermatologist if you have that much trouble with large pores which are clogging.  

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday  I did see one last year.  Just recommened to use a sonic brush and keep pores clean, said I can have the enlarged ones removed if they become bothersome, just want to keep my pores clean at home and hoping to avoid any proceedures if I can.

Honored Contributor

Good advice.  It was when I reached the age you are speaking of that my pores began getting more and more clogged.  I saw 2 dermatologists before one put me on Acutane which I did not like.  Then another thought I should just try to keep them clean.  The third told me cleanliness played a role but the real issue was the underlying propensity to have very large pores which get infected.  I am sure yours have not reached the point mine had because I had gotten infections and required procedures.  Glad you saw a dermatologist.  Just keep doing what you are doing.  Try not to dry your skin too much.  

Honored Contributor

Thayers Rose Witch Hazel....but then i don't have trouble with large/clogged pores.  This might also be due to diet, exercise, and saunas. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SandGirl Philosophy's Microdelivery Wash is a great choice for a cleanser which can be used daily that gives all the benefits of a great exfoliator and also helps keep pores clear.  Another option to consider is Tatcha's The Deep Cleanse and/or her Rice Polish.  If the Tatcha price points are more than you would like to pay DHC's Pore Face Wash and their Face Wash Powder is a very nice less expensive alternative of the same concept.  

Honored Contributor

Cleanser isn't the best way to keep pores clear. Once you wash out the oil, if your skin is oily or prone to congestion, your pores just create more oil right away. I'm not saying this to be a butt and not reply to your question. It's just that it doesn't really matter which cleanser you use as long as it isn't too overly moisturizing or stripping--when it comes to clogged pores.

Anti-inflammatory skincare ingredients plus salicylic acid would help you more. Also niacinamide is proven to keep pores smaller. And as I bet you know, they aren't actually pores. (But I get that that we all generally call them that.) They're tiny hair follicles with oil glands in them for lubricating the hair.

HTH a little?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Regular Contributor

Clogged pores is a type of acne which I have too. Philosophy pore mask is wonderful. I use it twice a week. Also a acne lotion with salicylic acid keeps the pores cleaned out. I’m not sure just a cleanser alone will do the trick.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd  I do not have any pimples or blemishs just a few of these enlarged pores

I workout 6 days a week, do 3 saunas a week and follow a plant based diet  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain  Yes! and, thank you. Do you have a cleanser suggestions with some of these ingredients listed in them?