Contributor

What is your fav RETINOL face product?

Hey ladies what is your fav retinol face cream/serum?  Drugstore, highend, medical grade? I am in the mood to try something new.  Thanks ladies 

Respected Contributor

Re: What is your fav RETINOL face product?

I really like Paula's Choice Resist 1% retinol. It's not too expensive and I believe it works well.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I second Paula's Choice 1% Retinol!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I've gone back and forth on this one.  I've had very good results with prescription Retin-A, never felt Retinol was worth it because it's so much weaker than Retin-A.  I ended up quitting Retin-A, dabbled with getting back on it, and ultimately gave it up again.  I'm currently using Isomers Copper P Serum in my routine and recall Manuela citing a study that found her Copper P Serum to have better results than Retin-A, so that might be an option for you to consider too.  

Valued Contributor

I am using Isomers Retiniacin. So far, this has been my favorite retinol product.  Prescription Retinol was too strong for my skin.  

Esteemed Contributor

After using Alpha Hydrox ResQ and then ROC (which was recommended by my derm) for years, I switched to Amara Organics 2.5% retinol last fall. It makes my complexion happy.  It's creamy, doesn't irritate, and I don't need a moisturizer over it.  It contains hyaluronic acid and Vit E.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I started using Paula's 1% with the intention to move on to Retin-A. Although the 1% retinol worked really well for the year that I used it, I found that my skin seemed to plateau over time so I went to using .05% Retin-A.

Respected Contributor

@tototwo

do you use anything else from this line? Is it on line only or is there stores that carry it?

I've been looking for a more natural line and Suzanne Somers is just to expensive, these products looks a little more affordable when I googled Amara Organics

thank you!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tototwo wrote:

After using Alpha Hydrox ResQ and then ROC (which was recommended by my derm) for years, I switched to Amara Organics 2.5% retinol last fall. It makes my complexion happy.  It's creamy, doesn't irritate, and I don't need a moisturizer over it.  It contains hyaluronic acid and Vit E.  

Thanks for the heads up.  A very popular product on Amazon with great reviews and price.

Trusted Contributor

Paula's Choice Retinol -- wrinkle serum and 1% Retinol.  I've tried Retin-A and my skin gets so red and flaky.  Check out Beautypedia.com for recommendations of retinol.