Honored Contributor

Re: What is your HG exfoliant/scrub? Any substitutes for Exfolikate?

On 5/25/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 5/25/2014 Katluvr58 said:

ASDM of Beverly Hills has a variety of reasonable peels/exfoliators some chemical and some natural all reasonably priced. Plus they have a sale till tomorrow. asdmbeverlyhillsdotcom.

Kat, thank you for the link. I checked out their site. Is it just me? A lot of the product - chemical peels, pads, facial masks - scares me because it is so POTENT. I'm afraid that I would hurt my skin, burn it.

Do you know something less strong that a first=time user might try?

(I use PC 2% BHA gel everyday.)

I know that you didn't ask me but I use the Neutrogena pore refining exfoliating wash daily and the 10 percent aha once a week and I'm covered. My pores are greatly reduced
Honored Contributor

I went to Walmart to try to find the Burt's Bees Citrus mentioned in an earlier post, they had other items, but not that one. I might try the Salux cloth. Actually, every tip on this thread is helpful. I have a dry skin condition on my face and I have been using a wash cloth with warm water and pomegranate bath liquid. It works ok, but I'm sure that these suggestions are better. Thanks galsSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I just ordered from Pur Minerals their new Wine Exfoliating Mask, more like a scrub with AHA in it. Use once or twice a week.

Honored Contributor

Baking Soda mixed with BGT. Use with Clarisonic.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

There are a lot of replays here that I didn't read, but Sephora has a $20 size that lasts quite awhile, if you use weekly. Also, alba has a Hawaiian pineapple enzyme scrub (Target/Walmart) that's pretty good, that's around $12 or so.
Super Contributor

On 5/26/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 5/25/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 5/25/2014 Katluvr58 said:

ASDM of Beverly Hills has a variety of reasonable peels/exfoliators some chemical and some natural all reasonably priced. Plus they have a sale till tomorrow. asdmbeverlyhillsdotcom.

Kat, thank you for the link. I checked out their site. Is it just me? A lot of the product - chemical peels, pads, facial masks - scares me because it is so POTENT. I'm afraid that I would hurt my skin, burn it.

Do you know something less strong that a first=time user might try?

(I use PC 2% BHA gel everyday.)

I know that you didn't ask me but I use the Neutrogena pore refining exfoliating wash daily and the 10 percent aha once a week and I'm covered. My pores are greatly reduced

Thanks Andreatoo! Love Neutrogena's pore refining line. I also like their alcohol-free toner when I want to give my skin a "rest". Smile

Honored Contributor

I use Paula's Choice BHA 2% liquid once or twice daily. Glycolic acids and AHA's don't do anything for my skin. Scrubs and peels can a be a bit harsh for my skin (I have tried some over the years), so right now the BHA liquid is all I am using.

Valued Contributor

Another vote for Skinn's DermAppeal, but as an alternate, I also like Amore Pacific's Treatment Enzyme Peel. At $60, it's considerably pricier than the DermAppeal, but it's a nice change from mechanical exfoliation.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Frequent Contributor

On 5/24/2014 tigriss said:
On 5/24/2014 kal said:
On 5/23/2014 OPKSGAL said:

I've tried many exfoliating products and by far the Salux cloth is the best and CHEAP - $5 or less. An earlier post mentions cutting them into smaller sizes but the long one is best for taking care of the back.

I formally had cracked dry heels - but not anymore. I use it all over the body (almost).

Best place to get one is saluxcloth.com Excellent customer service, immediate delivery, free shipping and no tax.

Give them a try.

I find the salux cloths to be great for the body, but I wouldn't use one on my face.

Just use less pressure. It works great on my sensitive skin, especially my nose. I use just my finger with one layer of the cloth and small circular motions with light pressure. It is great on my lips as well!

Cool. Thank you for the tip.