Occasional Contributor

Re: What is your HG exfoliant/scrub? Any substitutes for Exfolikate?

KMBSAB, do you use the glycolic gommage or the regular? glycolic makes me break out.

Respected Contributor

I love the SSC C-Extreme Results and the (glycolic) Gommage. Jennifer offers great prices, especially with her kits! I haven't tried many exfoliators (haven't tried Exfolikate), but I can't imagine anything doing a better job than either of the SSC products. Any more exfoliation I think would be too much!

Honored Contributor

On 5/23/2014 KMBSAB said:

I love the SSC gommage! I won't be tryiny Exfolikate because of the price.

I do too! I'm just trying to find something that I don't have to order online...

I've used both Exfolikate and Dermapeal and found the Dermapeal to be better but according to the beautypedia review Exfolikate's PH level is no good for actual exfoliation and Dermapeal, while it contains some great ingredients that work; it also contains some known irritants..I have the Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Scrub for daily use and I also use a weekly AHA that you leave on overnight. That one nagging dry patch on my left cheek is gone and my pores are diminished considerably!

Super Contributor

My favorite drugstore facial scrub that can be used daily, for about $9 at Walmart:

If you there is a Costco near you and you are a member, you can get this for about $15:

Super Contributor

On 5/23/2014 bklynite said:

KMBSAB, do you use the glycolic gommage or the regular? glycolic makes me break out.

I use the regular.

Honored Contributor

I use and love alba Botanica Hawaiian facial scrub with pineapple enzymes. My skin can be sensitive so I only use once per week. Skin is never dried out and after I use, my skin glows. Out of all the exfoliators I have tried, this is my no. 1 favorite.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I use and love No7. I get it at Ulta.
Super Contributor

Good thread. I really need to add in a manual exfoliater. I use BHA and AHA products but my skin still feels like it has buildup at times. I have Isomers Duo Derm which is great but my skin can only tolerate it once a week.

JeanLouiseFinch-Is the enzyme powder you use gentle?

Valued Contributor

For me, there is nothing like Kate Somerville Exfolikate. They have a tube for $85.00 Item #A10712

The Best!!!

Super Contributor

I just use a bar of Kiss my Face olive oil soap and a pair of exfoliating bath gloves.