Respected Contributor

Re: What is your Fav. product(s) for encouraging natural curls?

Paul Mitchell Round Trip. I would never use any product in my hair because I didn’t like the idea of it and I didn’t want it to feel sticky. My stylist convinced me to try this years ago and you honestly don’t feel anything. I have a little bit of natural curl and even though it’s diminished, I still use this for extra body.

Respected Contributor

GELS. Even inexpensive ones like LA Looks, work the best for me, to encourage and keep the curl with some hold, and decrease the frizz over the course of the day. That's my main thing, i have great curls to start and over the course of the day, the frizz just builds... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl wrote:

I want to try some new styling products to encourage my natural curl, something that will enhance curls or make them come out more and give them structure without being crunchy or sticky which leads to frizz every single time.

Have you found something that works well? A combo of items? I would love to get some ideas to look into.

TIA for your time.

@SandGirl   Keeping your curls well conditioned is the key. Whenever my hair got too dried out, not enough curl and frizz. I always liked the Shea Moisture products. They smell great and the price is good, too. I'm fairly sure, they also have a "curl enhancer". 

Respected Contributor

Curly Sexy Hair - Light Control. right now because it's summer,   i mix it with couple spritzes John Frieda Beach Waves and a tiny bit of argan oil spray, scrunch and air dry. my hair is Type 2A.

Honored Contributor

I use this for my fine permed hair.  No crunch.

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

Curly Sexy Hair - Light Control. right now because it's summer,   i mix it with couple spritzes John Frieda Beach Waves and a tiny bit of argan oil spray, scrunch and air dry. my hair is Type 2A.

@CatsyCline   My hair, when longer is 2A/2/B wavy with some curl. Now shorter, just a few waves that I straighten out with a round brush. I still use the same thickening mousse (not sticky. crunchy)... Got 2 B Thickening mousse.

When my hair was longer, while wet, I used this mousse and a bit of Moroccan Oil before scrunching. The oil cuts down on frizz and adds shine. 

Honored Contributor

I've used the same products for years: CURL ASSURANCE GENTLE CLEANSING SHAMPOO, CURL ASSURANCE SMOOTHING DAILY HAIR CONDITIONER, Deva Styling Cream, and Ultra Defining Gel Strong Hold No-Crunch Styler.

I use very small amounts of both of the last two. I have very curly hair, and these are the best products of all the ones I use to try. I am not one to experiment now with others.

BTW, I see that DevaCurl is having a 30 percent off sale. That is quite a good deal.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I've used the same products for years: CURL ASSURANCE GENTLE CLEANSING SHAMPOO, CURL ASSURANCE SMOOTHING DAILY HAIR CONDITIONER, both from Curl Junkie.

And I use Deva Styling Cream and Ultra Defining Gel Strong Hold No-Crunch Styler.

I use very small amounts of both of the last two. I have very curly hair, and these are the best products of all the ones I use to try. I am not one to experiment now with others.

BTW, I see that DevaCurl is having a 30 percent off sale. That is quite a good deal.

The two DevaCurl items I mentioned are actually much less on Amazon than the discount price at the DC site.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I've used the same products for years: CURL ASSURANCE GENTLE CLEANSING SHAMPOO, CURL ASSURANCE SMOOTHING DAILY HAIR CONDITIONER, Deva Styling Cream, and Ultra Defining Gel Strong Hold No-Crunch Styler.

The two DevaCurl items I mentioned are actually much less on Amazon than the discount price at the DC site.

@suzyQ3  is the Curl Assurance shampoo/Cond. made by Deva Curl, I have never tried that brand but I will for sure look up everything you mentioned - THANK YOU

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3  is the Curl Assurance shampoo/Cond. made by Deva Curl, I have never tried that brand but I will for sure look up everything you mentioned - THANK YOU

My apologies, @SandGirl. No, the shampoo and conditioner are made by Curl Junkie, and the styling gel and styling cream are made by DevaCurl.

I love both companies.