Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is your FAVORITE SHAMPOO and why

Right now, Philosophy 3-1, but after I use them up it will be anything inexpensive.  I have short hair in good condition and doesn't require anything special.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Renpure "my pretty hair is parched". This shampoo is very moisturizing and does not contain sulfates or parabens.  It does contain fragrance but it is the last ingredient and not too strong.

Honored Contributor

I can't say I have a favorite...never have, but I've "liked" some of the ones already mentioned.  I believe there are many good choices  out there, and I like rotating among several of my current faves.

My hairstylist also uses 2-3 different brands....for her, the staples are Purology and Morrocan Oil.  She usually also has a third one in her rotation.  I use one of hers, and try others as well. 

Honored Contributor

I don’t use a shampoo; I use a cleansing conditioner. I’m naturally curly and air-dry. With shampoo I am a frizzy mess. With a cleansing conditioner, I have soft, well-defined curls. Wash and go is my motto and WEN is the reason I can. Aloha!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Philosophy 3 in 1 followed by a tiny bit of the conditioner that comes with my hair color.

Honored Contributor

LOVE my Kevin Murphy products for fine hair! Love the light scent and really love that the longer I use it the more it'll help with my thinning hair problem! Worth every penny!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Redken Color Magnetics or Pureology Pure Volume. I have a lot of hair, but it's very fine and the very hard to get color to "take" on the gray. These do a great job of protecting my color.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

Only Wen for me for reasons already mentioned by AmericanBulldogMom, Drythe & SurferWife. Absolutely love it!

Respected Contributor

As far as cleansing conditioners go Matrix/Biolage  line is very good.  I have fine to medium fine and can use all the formulas.  Compared to WEN you can use less product for same results so lasts longer, Cheaper and smells good and some of the formulas do not have the menthol. My hair is dry in the winter so I like to use the Avacado one.  They have a new repair one with mango  I believe and smells insanely good. I have not bought it yet. 

I am not putting down wen users.  I just find wen to be hard to rinse out and too costly and I get the same results with other conditioners and shampoos  I also had alergic reactions to a few of the wen formulas that resulted in a red rash  and burning of my skin

Respected Contributor

I change things up.  I look for clean, manageable, frizz controlled hair.  My favorite low end is Hask Argon Oil.  Right now, I need a little more.  I rotate Living Proof.... I use different ones, but Full and Frizz are my favorites.  I also have some Tweak'd.  I prefer the one for moisture, in the can (except it stinks!!!!)

I may give the Burt's Bees a try!