Respected Contributor

Re: What is your FAVORITE SHAMPOO and why

I'm having to cut way back on my WEN purchases for financial reasons. Before WEN, I used Tresemme shampoos and conditioners for years and loved them...didn't dry my hair or fade my color. I started with WEN when coloring started to make my hair dry. Kept using it through going gray to get my hair good & healthy, which it did. Now I'm mixing WEN with the Tresemme shampoo to stretch it out (still getting very good results!). Once in awhile, I just use the Tresemme products. I currently have the Volumizing formulas, and they really do what they say!

I wish I could still use WEN exclusively, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Honored Contributor

Lots of "favorites." 

I switch every couple of days and usually mix  two shampoos or conditioners.  For instance ... a bit of John Frieda's Sheer Blonde with bit of L'Oreal Shine.  Or some Tresemme conditioner with Clairol Shimmer Lights conditioner.  Or some thickening shampoo with some Frieda shampoo.

I buy John Frieda, L'Oreal, Clairol, Tresemme and Thicker Fuller Hair brands.

I

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

My favorite is Acure Organics Ultra-Hydrating shampoo.  It delivers and makes your hair feel hydrated.  It's cruelty-free, paraben free, sulfate free and vegan.  How about you?  What is your favorite and why?   HeartCat Wink

@Katcat1 Since my hair went white, I’ve been loving Shimmer Lights at Sally’s....a purple shampoo that keeps the any yellow out and the white a pure white, silver shade.

Honored Contributor

ProV and then Head N Shoulders. Both good on my hair.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

My beautician has recommended Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Shampoo which is 99.0% natural. No sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates, no petrolatum, and no synthetic fragrances. Have been using it about six weeks; still adjusting to it. Love what it does for my hair and how easily I'm able to wash and wear with naturally curly hair. It does keep my very short "do" thick and styled even after sleeping on it for several days.  It doesn't seem to "strip" my natural color like other shampoos have done in the past. (I don't color my hair; it's a light brown with graying around the temples. With Burt's Bees, it seems to be growing in darker around my face. Is that possible? We'll see.) 

@BirkiLady Yes it's possible. Check the shampoo to see if it has essential oils in it. Some help with gray hair. These are the top 5 EO's for gray hair. Sage, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Thyme & Chamomile. You can add to your shampoo or make a hair rinse or hot oil treatment. These EO's help darken gray hair, nourish & strengthen hair follicles.

I use argan oil & rosemary oil for thinning hair. I also add other oils sometimes. The rosemay does seem to darken what gray hair I have.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@lulu2,   That is the worse feeling to have a bad haircut.  I had one over 2 months ago and then a sr. designer had to fix it and cut it shorter than I like so I had to let it grow out.  The person that gave me the bad cut had no business being on the floor cutting.  Just had another haircut by the sr. designer that fixed my hair.  Good luck to you.

@Katcat1

I went to my new salon today.  It is a one person operation and I liked the individual care I was given.  She did my roots and cleaned up my (3 week old) cut.  I have 2 options: go really short, (a BIG NO) or let it grow out with frequent trims.  I

Super Contributor

WEN user here. Keeps my hair healthy and Chaz' products are all Leaping Bunny certified (no animal testing for ingredients or product), and made in the US. I've noticed other cleansing conditioners have anti-dandruff ingredients added. I don't have dandruff, so I don't see the need for using a product with this ingredient.

Esteemed Contributor

I have normal, but a lot, of hair, which I like to keep in long layers just above my shoulders.

My hair does not respond well to a lot of things, probably because it is also root-colored.

What I've been using with great & consistent results is the Ovation line, and also Cupuacu from Carol's Daughter.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nightowlz - Would Burt's Bees shampoos "with Pomegranate" help with darkening my greying hair? What a pleasant surprise! Not to mention how much I'm enjoying this shampoo! Thanks for the information about essential oils in shampoo. Had no idea. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

My shampoos are lined up for daily rotation. I use Tweakd Rare Treasure trio, (Tribal chocolate, Above the Clouds, Peaches and Cream)  100% Pure Glossy Locks, Theorie Green Tea, and Taya Thickening. Im on the hunt for non silicone hair products.