Valued Contributor

What is you most challenging beauty issue and what product helps the most?

My skin is pretty good for 59 and most people don't think I am that old.

For me, those pesky lip lines are now very apparent and I hate them. I use Dr. Denese Hydroshield and over all skin texture is brighter and soft but no help for those lines.

From a suggestion here I am now using Philosphy Help in a Tube and it helps and they have been reduced maybe 50 %.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is you most challenging beauty issue and what product helps the most?

My most challenging issue is large pores on my nose. As far as what helps the most, well, I don't know. I have been using Paula's Choice BHA liquid, that is supposed to help, but I really can't tell, maybe I just need to give it more time. Chemical Peels seem to help some, but it is just an ongoing battle that never seems to end. I have tried Benefits "porefessional" and it really doesn't do much for me.

Its great that you have found something to help your lip lines Smiley Happy.

Super Contributor

First for the lip lines try a line filler, they work great. My biggest challenge are dark spots. I haven't found a perfect product for them but I am currently trying monobenzone for lightening them.

Super Contributor

Dark circles and fine lines under my eyes…have to cover the dark circles but don't want the lines accentuated…seems impossible lately. I have tried every concealer on the market it seems and can't find one that covers the darkness without settling in the lines. I was loving IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye but since I started using Retin A a few weeks ago my skin is much drier under my eyes and the concealer seems to be highlighting all the little flakes and lines. I am hoping that as my skin acclimates to the Retin A that the BBUE will work for me again…if not I'll start searching again…sigh.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, things do work, but it's just like eating. You want to eat (again!) the next day.

I don't have huge issues, just in maintaining what I call, "youthful contours" of my face. And I want to do that without gadgets or doctors. I do have vulnerable areas, and just need a little extra attention.

Also, to finally eradicate breakout scars from years ago. This is working, too! I am just loving the fact that I don't need foundation to even my skin tone, or why ever foundation is used. So just a couple little places for concealer, which is what I'm trying to eliminate. Because there is no other challenge for me! Smiley Happy

So, it's all rather interesting & challenging to see how you can amend any, what you might think of as an imperfection under your own imposed parameters.

Oh, about what product helping...for facial contours, giving myself a facial every morning & evening; for the breakout spots, an herbal that contains carrier & essential oils.