Honored Contributor

Re: What is with Haircut Prices?

My husband is a construction contractor.  Yesterday, the business where buys supplies told  him everything had just gone up 15%.  Just today he had to let the people he contracts for that he had to go up on his prices.  It was a little more than 15% because he hasn't gone up on his prices in years.  Time will tell if lose any clients Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

With everything going up all over, groceries, restaurant pricing, gasoline, assorted services, I think it's unreasonable and unrealistic to not expect hair services to increase. $65 for a cut (no styling) does sound high though. 

Honored Contributor

My husband pays $50 now where it use to cost $35 same place. 😧 just a simple hair cut....short hair

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE the woman that cuts/colors my hair.  She gives me an incredible haircut that takes about 40 minutes (layered bob).  When I get up in the morning, my hair looks terrific...for the first time in my life!  She has helped me through the gray grow out with strategically placed highlights.  Her price is high, but I will pay whatever it is for as long as I can.  I hope she stays at the same salon.

Honored Contributor

The stylist I have been going to for about a year and a half charges me $90 for a cut and color. It just went up $5 this month, was $85. 

My previous stylist was up to $60 I think it was? when I left there. That was just for a cut. Might have been $65. Never had color there, was too expensive for my budget. Did it myself. She wasn't that good at cutting either. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@dulwich     All stylists should know how to cut curly hair but that is not the case.  You just have to ask if you call a salon does anyone cut curly hair.  $80 is insane.  What does she/he think this is Beverly Hills?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@monicakm    I mean I am really fed up with the prices.  These stylists think they are in New York, Chicago and Beverly Hills.  It's one thing if the cut is out of this world and give you a style women are jealous about but that is not the case.  Same ole hum drum and a stiff price.  LOL

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@skatting44   You better have a good paying job or a husband.  lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac    If you are content with your stylist and the price is high that is your business.  I won't pay it because I cannot afford it.  My hair is short so it really should not be a big deal as far as cutting.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I pay $30.00....I have my hair cut every 4 weeks. It was $25.00 before Covid.