Regular Contributor

Although I do not use this line, I am trying to understand the reasoning behind IT Cosmetics offering the Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer in 48 shades while only making 7 shades available in their other CC+ creams and powders.  Why not make more facial product shades available for those who do enjoy using this line?

Honored Contributor

You may have better luck asking this on their Facebook page or emailing the company, if you really want to know the answer.

Respected Contributor
Ulta and Sephora offer many shades now. I think in the near future shopping channels will be offering more color shades. There is a great need for this,
Honored Contributor

@RedRedHair  When cosmetics companies are sold there is about to be change and change that does not make sense  I use different products from Laura Mercier and all of a sudden all her (maybe 20 or more) blush shades disappeared and replaced with a new blush with half the shades and none for fair skin women.  About 5 shades of sheer collection have slowly been deleted.  I have moved on to a different brand for my blush needs.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Because it is a cc cream and has the amount of sunscreen they have said it’s hard to make a ton of shades. I believe it’s a physical sunscreen which is different then a chemical one. You can believe them or not but I do believe that.

Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@RedRedHair

I think it's because IT Cosmetics wants to be seen as inclusive when it's not really inclusive.

I suppose we will be seeing demos of using this concealer at a foundation. I will insert an eyeroll here. I very much doubt that QVC or any other retailer will be showcasing 48 shades of concealer other than online.

Another L'Oreal owned brand NYX made a big deal of comin out with a 40+ shades of foundation but in reality in a bricks and mortar store, you would be lucky to see 10 shades of foundation.

Esteemed Contributor

I also want to add that the original IT Cosmetics CC cream SPF 50 came out in the U.S. in the late spring or early summer of 2013 because I  bought it in Canada from The Shopping Channel in the spring of 2014. I remember that the Canadian customers were clamoring for this product to come to Canada and it took a long time to arrive likely because IT Cosmetics would have had to get a DIN (drug identification number) from Health Canada before the product could be sold in Canada.

IT Cosmetics was sold to L'Oreal back in the summer of 2016 so L'Oreal and IT Cosmetics has had a long time to expand their shade ranges of their CC creams and their foundations but hasn't. The medium shade of their CC cream is too dark on me and the undertones are wrong. The light CC cream is too light so I mix the two shades. I am more light than medium in the CC cream but an inbetween shade would probably work for me. So where is it?

The new matte CC cream isn't available in Canada yet, I've never seen it in Sephora. That line has a light-medium shade but how would I know if the shade would work without being able to see it or swatch it in person?

Honored Contributor

Are we really complaining about a product becoming more inclusive? I think it's a great sign and makes it much more likely that the CC cream and others will get expanded shade ranges too.

It Cosmetics has justifiably been raked over the coals for noninclusive shade ranges. If they have taken a step in the right direction, I say great.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Regular Contributor

Yes.  I saw that they are now carrying 48 shades of Bye Bye Concealer and found it surprising.  I don't see that amount of inventory being welcomed in retail in many stores. And as a regular retail customer I don't think I will have the time or patience to wait for an employee to do a gazillion color matches to a line of customers before it is my turn.  If they are listening to their customers regarding the lack of shade options I hope they are also listening and filling the containers with concealer instead of air.  The last few times I bought this concealer it came 85% empty, something I had never experienced before with previous purchases of Bye Bye Concealer.