Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain

But why so many new shades of IT Bye Bye undereye concealers first when they really need an expanded shade range of CC creams and foundations? It doesn't make sense to me. People don't want to wear a full face of concealers unless they have really uneven skin tone or a skin condition like rosacea or maybe a port wine birthmark to cover.

IT Cosmetics also has the habit of pairing a foundation with the same color of concealer when they sell kits and how many people pair the same shade of foundation with the same shade of concealer? I would be surprised if IT Cosmetics actually came out with 48 shades of foundation or CC cream. I'm skeptical.

Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Porcelain

But why so many new shades of IT Bye Bye undereye concealers first when they really need an expanded shade range of CC creams and foundations? It doesn't make sense to me. People don't want to wear a full face of concealers unless they have really uneven skin tone or a skin condition like rosacea or maybe a port wine birthmark to cover.

IT Cosmetics also has the habit of pairing a foundation with the same color of concealer when they sell kits and how many people pair the same shade of foundation with the same shade of concealer? I would be surprised if IT Cosmetics actually came out with 48 shades of foundation or CC cream. I'm skeptical.

I do use the BBE in lieu of foundation. I just cover the small areas of imperfection and use the Celebration foundation all over my face. It's not just an Undereye concealer for me. So in my case, more colors are welcomed.

I suspect a lot of women use it this way since full, heavy foundation is not what many women are looking for.

Valued Contributor

@RedRedHair You brought up some good points and I agree with everything you said. Maybe we'll see a wide variety of shades on all of the products in the coming months. When a brand offers a zillion shades, I tend to move on to something else. It's too overwhelming and time consuming to try to find the correct match. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@RedRedHair  When cosmetics companies are sold there is about to be change and change that does not make sense  I use different products from Laura Mercier and all of a sudden all her (maybe 20 or more) blush shades disappeared and replaced with a new blush with half the shades and none for fair skin women.  About 5 shades of sheer collection have slowly been deleted.  I have moved on to a different brand for my blush needs.

@Katcat1  Since I hold you 100% responsible for getting me hooked on LM, although already had several lg. pro shadow palettes, now have the tinted moisturizer, white setting powder, 2 lip sets offered at Nord. sale, radiance primer, had been using the Eye Basics primer for years, and was ready to try the blush when all the changes occurred. So far, staying w/ my NARS O stick blush. What have you tried for our fair skin? 

Honored Contributor

@glam_girl wrote:

Yes.  I saw that they are now carrying 48 shades of Bye Bye Concealer and found it surprising.  I don't see that amount of inventory being welcomed in retail in many stores. And as a regular retail customer I don't think I will have the time or patience to wait for an employee to do a gazillion color matches to a line of customers before it is my turn.  If they are listening to their customers regarding the lack of shade options I hope they are also listening and filling the containers with concealer instead of air.  The last few times I bought this concealer it came 85% empty, something I had never experienced before with previous purchases of Bye Bye Concealer.

@glam_girl  I had the same frustration w/ several purchases of “empty” tubes and after returning each to ULTA, moved on to several I’ve used in the past that were not as thick.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Porcelain

@TYI have no idea what IT cosmetics or Loreal are thinking. I do think a precise shade match does help with concealer because it is so opague. And trendy makeup techniques seem to include a lot of concealer--triangle of light, highlighting and contouring with concealer etc. I'm glad they are at least keeping up to date with tones in this area. One way they might sell to people who can't try them on would be to offer sets of 3 similar shades.

I have no idea what they intend to do with their CC creams and foundations. But I hope they match more of them up with the concealer colors. And until they do that I think they should stop pretending their foundation shade ranges cover everyone.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@TY wrote:

@Porcelain

I do use the BBE in lieu of foundation. I just cover the small areas of imperfection and use the Celebration foundation all over my face. It's not just an Undereye concealer for me. So in my case, more colors are welcomed.

I suspect a lot of women use it this way since full, heavy foundation is not what many women are looking for.

I love the BBE too! The coverage is amazing. Plus my tube has got to be at least 2  years old now. For me practically a pinhead amount is enough for both eyes. Love that. I ususally don't use foundation over it either.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@RedRedHair wrote:

Although I do not use this line, I am trying to understand the reasoning behind IT Cosmetics offering the Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer in 48 shades while only making 7 shades available in their other CC+ creams and powders.  Why not make more facial product shades available for those who do enjoy using this line?

@RedRedHair

Wow, 48 shades does seem excessive.  Maybe it's a typo?    I always thought they had more than seven  shades of foundations, but QVC was only offering the 7 most popular.   I could be wrong, but though I a more the last time I was at Ulta.  

Regular Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Not a typo -- the Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer really is available in 48 shades. It's wonderful that such a wide range of shades are offered.  I was simply surprised that the company didn't carry this concept further by making more shades available in their cc creams/foundations/powders/.  No bashing of the company intended -- just trying to figure out the product marketing. Smiley Happy