Honored Contributor

Re: What is the best mascara you have ever used?

On HSN, 100 years ago Woman Wink--They had an Australian line called Mirenesse---the mascaras was the best one i've used. It did all the typical things, only as it dried, it turned into tiny tubes around the lashes---so no flaking or smudging and when it came off, which was easy, it didn't rip out the lashes. the spokes person was a beautiful woman with a very Aussie accent and I believe she was the founder. i really liked the whole line. Now my lashes are all wonky due to chemo 8 years ago, so hard to put on mascara at all now and make them look good. 

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl, You can sometimes find Mirenese products on Zulily.  I had never heard of the brand and have been wondering about their quality.  Did you ever try anything else from them that you could recommend?

That said, the best mascara for me is Monsieur Big from Lancome. I find I don't need eyeliner when I use that one. I also use a Dior Show sometimes and like that one as well, but when I want a one and done, it's the Monsieur Big.   

Honored Contributor

I have 3 favs

Better Than Sex

Monsieur Big

Benefit Badgal

Honored Contributor

My absolute favorite I cannot get anymore.  It was Marilyn Miglin's mascara.  It was the bomb.  It gave great volume and great length without clumping.There is a new one now that isn't the same.

My favorites are Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect, the non-waterproof version.  I am also love, love, loving the Maybelline Lash Sensational.   Not the Sky High Volume but the original. 

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Right now I've been using Thrive mascara.  It has been good for my lashes with lots of volume.

I want to try that one.

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 ---Yes i have tried their foundation .concealor and maybe a few other things---and I think i did find them on Zulily as well. I liked it all and even bought from their websited in Australia too. but that was prob 20 years ago 

Frequent Contributor

@Trinity11  Here's a tip.  Over time, the IT Superhero product will build up on the brush and cause clumping.  Just take a tissue, wrap it around the brush and pull the brush out.  It cleans off all excess product and your results will be like it was when you first opened the tube.  During the life of a tube, I do this 2-3 times for best results.

Honored Contributor

Tarte Lights, Camera Lashes. Love this mascara and it stays on all day and doesnt flake.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Regular Contributor

I've been loyal to many L'Oreal mascaras over the years.  My new favorite is Airvolume Mega Mascara.  One coat gives a lot of volume as well as "lift."  The brush is very long and dense.  No smearing at all, to boot!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am generally very pleased with any Lancome Mascara.  Among their mascaras, Grandiose is my favorite.  There's a L'Oreal mascara called Lifting and Lengthening Washable Mascara which is a decent drugstore priced alternative. 

If I answered the actual question as the title of the thread reads Lancome's Original Immencils is still my all-time favorite.  With the advances in formulas and wands, Grandiose is as close as they have come to Immencils IMO.