Respected Contributor

Re: What is the best mascara you have ever used?

@tototwo wrote:

I haven't worn mascara in sooooo long..... but in recent years my absolute favorite is L'oreal Voluminous in the gold tube, paired with L'oreal's eyelash primer.  Perfect combo. I have oily skin and most mascaras smear all around my eyes.  L'oreal does not.

My favorites used to be Avon's Washable Waterproof and Clinique.  I've tried Maybelline Great Lash several times, but it always smeared and flaked on me. 

IMO, Great Lash does nothing for lashes except make them darker.  I want lots of length and volume.  

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Not that you asked but worst mascara on the face of the earth (IMO)

Eddie Funkhouser Quattro Variable Lash Mascara

@shaggygirl 

Yeah, but you have to admit that's a great name. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Maybelline Lash Stylist Waterproof - it was discontinued years ago and I've been searching for something as good ever since.  I literally try them/have tried them all.

It was a comb applicator - very black, lengthened and thickened and kept my lashes curled.  And it did it in one coat.  Two coats you had very glam lashes.  But you had to keep applying while wet and not let it dry between coats.  I think women didn't understand this and that's why it went away.

Urban Decay Cannonball (waterproof} was pretty great too- can't find it anymore either.

Kristofer Buckle waterproof - same deal.

I liked Mally's old waterproof too but it changed.

Still searching.

Honored Contributor

Benefit Bad Gal Bang.  No clumping, no smudging.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl 

@just bee  Oh yeh I'll drink to that being a great name! Know what the VARIABLE means? You can dial it up. It goes from glommy to glommier to glommiest to mud.

Trusted Contributor

First mascara I used on a long-term basis was Lancôme's Immencils and I loved it. Then it was discontinued but I never liked others as much. I just went from brand to brand. Many years later! Really liked Mally's original formula but also Tova. They didn't clump and just worked great for me.

Then I actually liked Josie Maran's for how it made my lashes look but it smeared.

These days if I wear mascara it is IT's Superhero but I only do rarely. That brush is great. I thought I would like their Tightline but no.

Now, sadly, for the most part, with my lousy dry eyes, mascara is kind of a no-no. So is eyeliner. That stuff clogs pores, all of it does for me, and I get into trouble. Really miss wearing eye makeup. So I give it to my nieces and enjoy vicariously!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Benefit Bad Gal Bang.  No clumping, no smudging.  

It's my favorite right now.  I haven't tried the Maybelline Sky High mascara yet, but the brush looks a lot like the BGB one.  

Respected Contributor

Side note, people in the comments of Cate the Great's videos are saying that she wears way too much mascara.  I think it looks fantastic.  What do you all think?

HOW TO GET GREAT LASHES | Best Serum, Mascara, and Tips | GIVEAWAY | Lash  Extension Horror Story - YouTube

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl 

@just bee  Oh yeh I'll drink to that being a great name! Know what the VARIABLE means? You can dial it up. It goes from glommy to glommier to glommiest to mud.

@shaggygirl 

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Woman LOLHeart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Frequent Contributor

IT  Superhero Mascara:  lengthens and curls all day.  No longer need an eyelash curler and I have stick straight eyelashes.  Always felt eyelash curlers were potentially harmful to my sparse lashes.  Superhero curls, doesn't flake or smudge, and washes off easily.  I'm on auto pay. it's that great for me!!  Reference: 53 with puny lashes.