Valued Contributor

Re: What is the best mascara you have ever used?

@Mellie32  I really like Benefit Rollar Lash. I have straight lashes and it gives my lashes a curl that stays all day. 

Honored Contributor

It's a tough call.  I alternate between:

• IT Cosmetics Superhero
  • Benefit's They're Real

They are very similar in that they both lengthen & add volume. If I were to pick one over the other I would have to say IT because it's cleaner (in the sense of add-day wear).

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@simplyfriends wrote:

@Mellie32  I really like Benefit Rollar Lash. I have straight lashes and it gives my lashes a curl that stays all day. 

@simplyfriends @Ditto.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't worn mascara in sooooo long..... but in recent years my absolute favorite is L'oreal Voluminous in the gold tube, paired with L'oreal's eyelash primer.  Perfect combo. I have oily skin and most mascaras smear all around my eyes.  L'oreal does not.

My favorites used to be Avon's Washable Waterproof and Clinique.  I've tried Maybelline Great Lash several times, but it always smeared and flaked on me. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Your Best-Bet Drugstore Mascara | Into The Gloss

I've been using Maybelline's Full 'N Soft for years.  It's affordable and washable.  And it does what it says it will do: It leaves my lashes full and soft, not stiff or sticky.  To me, they look natural, but better.

I used to find lashes on my cheeks but once I switched to Full 'N Soft, my lashes have stayed put.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I always go back to Essence Lash Princess, both regular and waterproof. I have tried so many others but Essence always comes through as expected. I've tried many a more expenive mascara, but IMHO, Essence nails it.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mellie32 wrote:

Please tell us what the product is and why you like it so much.  Does it lengthen, create volume, all of the above?  

Good morning @Mellie32 . I stay with my L'Oreal Volumise or L'Oreal Paradise. The Voluminous lenghtens and voluminizes the lashes. It can get a little stuck together, so I wipe the want lightly on a tissue before application. The Paradise is a "lighter" mascara...you get lengthand volume, but more subtle. I like to use this one during the day. Both stay jet black and don't turn that dark chalky greyish color. 

My true favorite is BB Smokey Eye Mascara, but frugal me won't pay upwards of $23 and then if the mascara is not finished, have to toss it after 3 months. This one stay a shiny black, no clumping and can have repeated coats for a more dramatic look. My BB MUA friends send me the full size tubes or little sample sizes that I enjoy and don't feel guilty.  I also sometimes receive Bobbi Brown PR packages (still) and there's usually several mascaras included.  

Esteemed Contributor

Top lashes Lancome Definicils - Bottom lashes It Tightline

Not that you asked but worst mascara on the face of the earth (IMO)

Eddie Funkhouser Quattro Variable Lash Mascara

Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I always go back to Essence Lash Princess, both regular and waterproof. I have tried so many others but Essence always comes through as expected. I've tried many a more expenive mascara, but IMHO, Essence nails it.

They really do.  

Respected Contributor

@simplyfriends wrote:

I love that one too.  So lengthening.