Occasional Contributor

What is the best illuminator/highlighter for your face?

Valued Contributor

Re: What is the best illuminator/highlighter for your face?

I've used this forever and there is so much in it and the result is lovely:

Mary-Lou Manizer by Balm Cosmetics

Respected Contributor

I have L'oreal  gel highlighter in rose I use in place of a blush then I use L'Oreals Powder  one that is the light cream color  and use it all over my face an dmakes my makeup look really good

Valued Contributor

Hi

My favorite brands are all cruelty free . I like Ilia Polka Dots and Moonbeams,W3ll People Bio brightner  and CIndy Joseph Boom Glimmer . I just purchased a new one from Rituel De Fille called Anthelion , At 53 I don't use bronzers or contour but I really enjoy illuminators. I have really pared down my makeup since turning 50 a few years ago but find that a good highlighter can really do a lot to brighten the face

Honored Contributor

I prefer a powdered highlighter to a cream.  I use Skinn Candlelight Translucent Powder, particularly the Rose version, but the original is also nice.  For me, the highlighting with this product is subtle and tasteful, and doesn't give you the overdone Tin Man glow.  

Trusted Contributor

Becca "Shimmering Skin Perfector" in "Moonstone". It's a cream formula and isn't super sparkly, just adds luminosity. The Moonstone color is very natural for my fair/light skin. Becca is the gold standard when it comes to highlighters.
Esteemed Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:
Becca "Shimmering Skin Perfector" in "Moonstone". It's a cream formula and isn't super sparkly, just adds luminosity. The Moonstone color is very natural for my fair/light skin. Becca is the gold standard when it comes to highlighters.

you are so right.

Respected Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

I've used this forever and there is so much in it and the result is lovely:

Mary-Lou Manizer by Balm Cosmetics

--------------

And if you prefer a pinker tone, Cindy-Lou Manizer is also great. Love TheBalm!

Esteemed Contributor

Hands down Colourpop has the best highligthers and they have so many colors to chose from. It is Colourpop.com. They are so affordable at $8 for a nice size container and it has such a unique texture, like nothing I have ever used. I love butterfly beach, lunch money, smoke and whistles and stole the show. They are also made in America. You should definitely take a look. Colourpop has excellent eyeshadows also ($5), eyeliner ($6), lipglosses ($6)

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

I'm using Benefits Girl Meets Pearl and really like it. It works great with my IT CC cream foundation. I love the pinky/gold shimmer to it.  When I use my IT powder foundation (mostly on the weekends to get out the door quick), I use a very inexpensive powder one from Essesnce and it's really pretty!

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina