Trusted Contributor

What is the best drugstore night time moisturizer that you ever used?

I have never found the perfect night time moisturizer in any price range. 

Does anyone have a recommendation for one for mature skin from the drugstore or grocery store? I am 52 and starting menopause. I have very sensative skin. I tried looking on beautypedia, but the website seems out of date.

Also, is there an spf 30 drugstore lotion with a pump for everyday use on the body?

Honored Contributor

Re: What is the best drugstore night time moisturizer that you ever used?

@Squirrel Lover

I have best luck with renova that I order from All Day Chemist. It is very affordable when purchased from this source.

For sunscreen, I recommend LaRoche-Posay Anthelios, which can be purchased at CVS.  This also serves as a great moisturizer.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@Squirrel Lover

I have been using Zum goats milk almond soap and then the almond oil before bed. I have seen a difference. You can also mix sugar and almond oil to make a facial scrub. Many uses in this cheap product.

Respected Contributor

Any of the CeraVe moisturizers that don't have SPF.  They are great products. 

Honored Contributor

Many dermatologists recommend the CeraVe line.  I'm pretty sure that it was actually a few derms that got together to create them.  Anyway, they have an AM and PM version.  I used both of them a number of years ago when I was using a simpler routine. 

Respected Contributor

@Squirrel Lover It's frustrating.

The CeraVe products don't work for me. They break my face out.

I LOVE the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream for Dry Skin.

It moisturizes well, but doesn't break me out & is reasonably priced, when I can find it on sale.

I tried the Gel for Normal Skin, but it was very fragranced & my skin didn't like it.

Honored Contributor

DH had radiation on his leg; both the radiologist, oncologist, and derm told him to use Cerave moisturizer. He bathes with th Cerave bar soap also. I like Olay professional for night cream
Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I have never found the perfect night time moisturizer in any price range. 

Does anyone have a recommendation for one for mature skin from the drugstore or grocery store? I am 52 and starting menopause. I have very sensative skin. I tried looking on beautypedia, but the website seems out of date.

Also, is there an spf 30 drugstore lotion with a pump for everyday use on the body?

@Squirrel Lover  Sensitive skin does well w/ Cetaphil moisturizer. Aveeno makes a moisturizer for body w/ spf and a pumper bottle. Hope that helps.

Regular Contributor

I am very moisturizer sensitive and break out with basically every moisturizer I’ve tried except for Olay regenerist micro sculpting cream fragrance free. Whenever I run out of this I usually try other kinds, expensive and otherwise, but I always go back to this one. The last time my husband even made a comment on how my face looks less supple. I just ordered, buy one get 1/2 off at Ulta so I don’t run out again. I also use Tazorac cream .05 mg at night prior to putting the olay on my dry spots.
Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover  You can't go wrong with No. 7 sold at Target.  I use their day moisturizer and it is exceptionally nice and the PRICE is right.  I personally change off at night using Marula oil or Citrus Argan oil from Acure Organics.  Once in a while I use a moisturizer but I have samples of that.  I do like Aveda's but it cost too much for me to buy when I have excellent alternatives.  Cat Wink

kindness is strength