Honored Contributor

Re: What is the best body butter?

For me it was Josia Maran.  I buy the unscented or the vanilla because it is very light.

I used up my Beekman today and didn't care for that at all.  I'm glad it's gone. 

Gold Bond has a radiance renewal whipped shea butter I'm interested in trying.  I'd like to find something I can walk into a store and buy but I don't want something scented because I wear perfume everyday.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I was just looking at that GB butter and people say it smells like pina colada. Others say since it's whipped it doesn't hydrate as much as the Radiance lotion. I'm still interested in though.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

I was just looking at that GB butter and people say it smells like pina colada. Others say since it's whipped it doesn't hydrate as much as the Radiance lotion. I'm still interested in though.

@SilleeMee , I don't want to smell like pina colada.  LOL  I wonder if it lasts?

I bought the original Hempz body lotion and that has almost a banana/strawberry scent to it.  Probably more banana.  The scent doesn't last at all on me though.  But that is a very disappointing lotion.   

Esteemed Contributor

I use both Josie Maran Body Butter and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. (unscented)   

I like them both. Good results from both. Budget wise the First Air beauty is better priced unless you find the super size JM body butter at a one time price. You really can go wrong with either. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few weeks ago a bought a small jar of pure organic jojoba butter and I've been using it all over. It's soft, spreadable (not hard like shea) and has a faint cocoa butter scent. When you first put it on it sort of feels greasy but amazingly it absorbs and leaves behind soft silky hydrated skin which lasts all day and then some. I even use it on my face as a night treatment when I need a boost of hydration. I love it. The one I got is made by H&B Oils. The have their own website where everything ships free. Walmart also sells it, too.

H&B Oils - soft, spreadable jojoba butter (contains lots of ceramides!)

s-l300.jpg

Super Contributor

Another vote for First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.  I always get the unscented since I'm not a big fan of fragrance.  I find it absorbs quickly and hydrates all day without any greasy feel.  I just got the new TSV on auto delivery as my AD from last year completed this month.  It's one of the very few items I get on AD and stay on AD!!

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Respected Contributor

I have tried so many and for me it is the Tweak'd. I have a "bucket" and it works so well, I use just a little bit, wet my palm and it goes on so nice and soaks right in.

Honored Contributor

Josie Maran.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Josie Maran, for my skin..I love her body milk also.

It just absorbs the best for me..Smiley Happy

Wen also has a wonderful body butter.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like Deep Steep body butter.  Their lotions are just okay, but the body butters are nice.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org