Honored Contributor

Re: What is the Most Memorable Beauty or Age Compliment?

On the show Pimple Popper the Dr Lady always has the same lines for every patient....

"Oh you are so Cute" or  "your so good looking what could be wrong with you?"

she is SO PHONY NICE.  Can not watch her.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just Love Alice Cooper & was thrilled when I  won a meet & greet five years ago.  I've loved his music since the 70s & was really looking forward to meeting him.

He was so nice & when we were chatting he told me that he was so sorry that I miss a lot of his earlier music. I said, "what do you mean" & he said, "well you're way too young & probably weren't even born when I first started performing" I said, Alice how old do you think I am & he said oh maybe in your mid to late 40s!!!

I said, WOW, thanks so much, but I'm only 3 years younger than you, so at the time he was 67 & I was 64!! His mouth literaly dropped & he said he didn't believe me...I told him "Rock n Roll keeps me young"!!! LOL

So having someone tell me I looked almost 20 years younger...yes I will remember that forever!!! LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have three younger siblings.  A lot of people assume I am the youngest.  My one  brother is six years younger than I am and many people think he is much older than I.

My dentist thought I was younger than him.  I am almost 10 years older.

I get compliments on my eye color  (unusual shade of blue) and hair color (many shades of silver and black) often.

I know I look younger than my age, but even if I didn't, I wouldn't care.

I also have the voice of a younger woman. That has been fun.  I am told over the phone..." when you get to be my age...". Occasionally, somone will mistake me for my daughter and ask if my mother is there.  I did a lot of phone work in my career.

Valued Contributor

It happened last summer (actually 2019).  My husband and I were at a restaurant.  A woman stopped at our table on her way out, looked me in the face and said, "You are quite beautiful."  Shocked, I started laughing and said, "Thank you very much!"  She said "It's very true."  It not only made my day, I still think of it on days when I feel not so beautiful. lol

Honored Contributor

Oh, brother! 🙄

Esteemed Contributor

I really don’t take compliments to my looks very seriously.

I want to look the best I can, but it isn’t the biggest thing in my life. Never has been.

The moment that really jolted me was when an elderly man approached me at a large gathering a few years ago.  He

said he didn’t know me but felt he had to tell me that I had such a kind-looking face.  

Esteemed Contributor

I got an unexpected compliment from an unlikely source complimenting me on my silver hair color and hairstyle.  She added that I was too young to have silver hair (no, I'm not).  Her sweet comments put a spring in my step!

What makes it memorable is that I mentioned it here on this forum and all the mean girls jumped on me about how having gray hair makes a woman look 10 years older.  Sheesh.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I got an unexpected compliment from an unlikely source complimenting me on my silver hair color and hairstyle.  She added that I was too young to have silver hair (no, I'm not).  Her sweet comments put a spring in my step!

What makes it memorable is that I mentioned it here on this forum and all the mean girls jumped on me about how having gray hair makes a woman look 10 years older.  Sheesh.

@tototwo 

I totally agree with you  if you are lucky to have pretty silver or white platinum gray you will not be sorry ,I decided  to  stop coloring my hair and let it grow in natural hoping I would have the white/platinum that I saw my mother had along with her father.,and I was lucky enough to get it.

Think it did not age me 10 years at all, otherwise I would be looking more like I am in my 80's ,not there yet.

The BEST  I  don't have to worry about roots coming in , or color turning brassy or  temple area showing gray so fast.

It so nice to just wash  and condition my hair.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Several months ago I saw a YT video of an older woman (I hate to try to guess her age...maybe late 60s) that said everything she puts on her face goes on the back of her hands and fingers.  I thought that was genius!  I've been doing that faithfully ever since and can see a bit of improvement.  I don't have sun/age spots tho.  I think I'm part vampire...HATE the sun!

Honored Contributor

My mother has had several health issues that's put her in the hospital and Dr offices.  I've been with her on numerous Dr visits and of course at the hospital.  Drs and nurses double and triple check the chart when they see her age.  The nurses will bring in other nurses to see how much younger she looks than her chart says her age is.  And a conversation on skincare/products will invariably ensue.