Super Contributor

Re: What is the MOST MOISTURIZING FACIAL CLEANSER ???????

i have tried cetaphil cleanser and it just seemed like nothing and like it didn't really do a good job of makeup removal.

it didn't dry out my skin but i wasn't impressed with cetaphil. I don't think i have tried cerave cleanser.

Super Contributor

I am using (and loving) a cleansing oil at night. Currently am using Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil by Dr. Young (via Amazon $38), which is apparently very similar to the Tatcha Cleansing Oil. It takes off every bit of my makeup and leaves skin so smooth, clean and supple. When this runs out I may try the cheaper version by Eclos ($11 via Ulta).

Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 MandySays said:

I am using (and loving) a cleansing oil at night. Currently am using Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil by Dr. Young (via Amazon $38), which is apparently very similar to the Tatcha Cleansing Oil. It takes off every bit of my makeup and leaves skin so smooth, clean and supple. When this runs out I may try the cheaper version by Eclos ($11 via Ulta).

Hm, never heard of that cleansing oil before. Great price! I will have to check out the ingredients. Thanks for posting about it!

Regular Contributor

I currently use aveeno ultra calming cleansing foam. I have mild rosacea. I was using ponds cold cream but it started to make my face feel a little greasy. And my forehead started to break out. I do like the aveeno. My face feels clean and moisturized. I hope it continues for me. Its a little heartbreaking when you feel like you finally found the right product but as time goes on you realize that it's not working any more. Or that you just didn't give it enough time. I hate that!
Super Contributor

On 9/11/2014 HappyDaze said:

Hm, never heard of that cleansing oil before. Great price! I will have to check out the ingredients. Thanks for posting about it!

Eclos Daily Facial Cleansing Oil Ingredients:

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Elettaria Cardamomum Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Pentylene Glycol, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Glycerin, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract, Curcuma Zedoaria Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Water, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin

Super Contributor

For comparison..here is the ingredient deck for the cleansing oil I am currently using:

Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil

Camellia Japonica Seed Oil (61.5%). Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Ol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Sucrose Cocoate, Sucrose Laurate, Sorbitan Olivate, Tocopherol, Ubiquinone, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Ursolic Acid, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Rose Flower Oil.

And then here is Tatcha...

Tatcha Cleansing Oil

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquicaprylate, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Glyceryl Behenate/eicosadioate, Water, Algae Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alcohol, Fragrance (Natural), Phenoxyethanol.

Honored Contributor

For comparison..here is the ingredient deck for the cleansing oil I am currently using:

Camellia Japonica Seed Oil (61.5%). Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Ol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Sucrose Cocoate, Sucrose Laurate, Sorbitan Olivate, Tocopherol, Ubiquinone, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Ursolic Acid, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Rose Flower Oil.

Tatcha Cleansing Oil

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquicaprylate, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Glyceryl Behenate/eicosadioate, Water, Algae Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alcohol, Fragrance (Natural), Phenoxyethanol.

Thanks for all the info. I didn't care for the Tatcha (it was drying, probably due to the alcohol in it) and I am not interested in the Dr. Young one as I don't like lavender or jasmine oil in my skincare and try to avoid products as much as possible with them. But the Eclos seems interesting but contains some ingredients I am not familiar with so will have to some further research. If you try the Eclos, please post your thoughts!

Occasional Contributor

Tatcha's cleansing oil is the best, IMO. I've used Purity, but I don't find it as hydrating.
Super Contributor

On 9/11/2014 HappyDaze said:

Tatcha Cleansing Oil

Thanks for all the info. I didn't care for the Tatcha (it was drying, probably due to the alcohol in it) and I am not interested in the Dr. Young one as I don't like lavender or jasmine oil in my skincare and try to avoid products as much as possible with them. But the Eclos seems interesting but contains some ingredients I am not familiar with so will have to some further research. If you try the Eclos, please post your thoughts!

I definitely will..it will be a while though. Been using the Dr. Young's since beginning of August and am only maybe 1/4 into it? Let me know if you get to it before me and what research you find on some ingredients.

Honored Contributor

I definitely will..it will be a while though. Been using the Dr. Young's since beginning of August and am only maybe 1/4 into it? Let me know if you get to it before me and what research you find on some ingredients.

sounds like a plan, will do!