Trusted Contributor

Re: What is the Attraction of "Baked" Face Products?

I appreciate the comments here and the success many of you have had with Laura Gellar products.  But doesn't baking a cream take all the moisture out of it?   I love Laura, but that just seems like a sales gimmick to me.

Respected Contributor

@mnmom wrote:

I appreciate the comments here and the success many of you have had with Laura Gellar products.  But doesn't baking a cream take all the moisture out of it?   I love Laura, but that just seems like a sales gimmick to me.

@mnmom  I don't know the answer to your question, all I know is her products work for my oily skin. No other "powder" foundation has worked so well for me, it just blends in so beautifully. Good question, though!

Trusted Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

They "start their life as a cream." And so, different than other pressed powders, which contain things that holds the powder together.

Also, you can use wet or dry.

Haven't done this yet, but will try spritzing my brush first then apply Laura's Ethereal Rose, which I've been using as a blush. Wet, the color will intensify.

@Harpa I recently purchased the Ethereal Rose and was disappointed in how light and almost nonexistent the color was on me. I saw your post and used it today with a damp brush and it worked beautifully to darken the color on

my cheeks!!  Thank you so much for posting the suggestion, I always enjoy your tips and posts here in the beauty forum 😊.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@BExplorerYou are very welcome, and thank you for your kind remarks!  I dampened my brush yesterday, and yes, it did intensify the application. Today I left it light.