Honored Contributor

Re: What is the Attraction of "Baked" Face Products?

@fairydogmother 

Yes, to Laura Geller!  I am 70 and I can easily use the baked foundation.  I was very skeptical because I have tried many powder foundations claiming that they can be worn by mature women but they always creased and lined and made be look awful!  Laura's formula is different in that it did start as a liquid or cream and then got baked.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Two things right off the bad --- Ease and convenience!  I don't like any makeup that takes too much time and/or expertise!  As for convenience --- since it's "powder", it can be taken any place.  Laura Geller's baked is the best! If you have the telescope brush, you can even load it for touchups and then not even take the compact with you for the day!  

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  

thanks for the input! Makes me want to give this a try. 
btw I enjoy "seeing" you on the forums and very often agree with what you have to say. 🥰

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I'm 67, and have been using Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten since it was introduced and there was only one shade--Regular, which is now called Medium. When new shades were available, I tried Fair (a bit too pink) and Light (perfect for me!). The Medium was very forgiving and wearable, though.

My skin is still oily, and most liquid/cream foundations just encourage that. Oil-free ones don't work well either.

I apply moisturizer (and kind) onto damp skin, let it dry, then apply my makeup...once everything is on, I spritz lightly with WEN Replenishing Treatment Mist. I can go all day without touching up anything but my lips! 

I only use LG Blushes...they're the best! Her eyeshadows are my favorites, too--though I do use Urban Decay Primer Potion for staying power if I need them to last more than a few hours.

Honored Contributor

Hmmm...it sounds like I need to try some Laura Gellar baked products.  Thanks enablers...LOL!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Have you tried the Tropic Hues blush?  I have A553362 in my cart, getting ready to buy it, but would love to hear your feedback first.  I've read stellar reviews about it & with free shipping, I really would like to try it.  If you're online right now, may you please provide feedback?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

@JudyL 

Have you tried the Tropic Hues blush?  I have A553362 in my cart, getting ready to buy it, but would love to hear your feedback first.  I've read stellar reviews about it & with free shipping, I really would like to try it.  If you're online right now, may you please provide feedback?

@SurferWife - sorry didn't see your post until just now.  Did you get it?  I have not tried the Tropic Hues blush but have other of Laura's blushes that I really like.  At the price they are offering with the brush, its a good deal.  You could also check Laura's website as they may have an even better deal.  Save yourself a little extra maybe.

Forgot to add - with Laura's blushes I suggest a light hand at first as they are pigmented.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@JudyL 

@SurferWife 

I'm not @JudyL , but I wanted to say that Tropic Hues is perfect on my pale skin.  Just enough color to show up, but not too much.  Of course, you can control the amount you use depending on your complexion.  I've tried other LG blush shades, but most of the other shades just didn't work.  For reference sake, I use B&B in Porcelain first with a bit of Light dusted over it. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

I enjoy reading your posts, also!  I will feel bad if you don't like it.  I have to say that it takes a little experimenting though with it because too much can look not so good and too little as well.  It's not perfect - at least on me -- but so far, it's the best I have found!  

Esteemed Contributor

It does not weight or drag down the skin. Super fast application, minimal product for coverage, it is buildable Very forgiving in color. Does not give a drying apperance,  I only use a serum before application.  Use a blender sponge for flawless finishing.