Honored Contributor

Re: What is the Attraction of "Baked" Face Products?

I don't wear baked face products, but I think I remember baked eye products were supposed to be better for both dry and wet application.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I don't wear baked face products, but I think I remember baked eye products were supposed to be better for both dry and wet application.

@Icegoddess - I have used the eyeshadows both wet and dry. Most of the time I use them dry, and that certainly gives me plenty of pigment. But once in a while I will use one as an eyeliner, especially the bronze colored shades, or dark green. I wet my liner brush and wipe it on one little area. When it dries (in the palette) you can't even tell part of it was wet!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Agree with so many other posters that Laura Geller baked products are the best.  Have foundations and blushes and really like them.  Much easier to use than liquid foundation, last all day, etc., etc.

Respected Contributor

Can someone 70ish use baked foundation or bare minerals and not look dryer and older?

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother I had to give up Bare Minerals, at a certain point it just no longer looked good on me. I then tried the Laura Geller and Pur lines with great success. They look natural and I don't look dried out! If I had to choose between the two, it's a tough choice, but I do find myself reaching for LG more!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother wrote:

Can someone 70ish use baked foundation or bare minerals and not look dryer and older?

@fairydogmother - well I'm 68 and use Laura Geller's baked foundation all the time and don't think it looks dry.  I do put on moisturizer and primer underneath.  I also had to stop using Bare Minerals years ago because it didn't look good on me anymore.  Don't have that trouble with Laura Geller's products.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I don't recall if it was baked or not but I bought a Laura Geller something bright... Balance and bright foundation that I had to return it because it was super drying on my face.  Was that a baked formula?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

I don't recall if it was baked or not but I bought a Laura Geller something bright... Balance and bright foundation that I had to return it because it was super drying on my face.  Was that a baked formula?

@monicakm - if you bought Balance and Brighten then yes, it was a baked product.  As we all say here many times - not all products work for all of us.  Sorry it didn't work for you.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I was wondering if anyone was putting hydrating and moisturizers on under these baked foundations. If you layer enough hydrating products and then a good moisturizer your face will have no idea that it's dry.  Before my foundation goes on it has two essences, snail snot, moisturizer and primer.  I was so excited today to use the Westman Atelier foundation stick that I forgot my primer. It went on beautifully.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

It might work now that I've got an arsenal of hydrating products but I've got plenty of foundations and just added a new one.