Regular Contributor

What is good for enlarged pores

Noticing the pores on my chin are starting to look kind of large. Any or all suggestions welcomed!

Thanks

Trusted Contributor

Re: What is good for enlarged pores

BHA (Salicylic Acid) -- Beta Hydroxy Acid

BHA’s standout feature is its ability to work inside the pore as well as on the surface of skin.    It goes deep to help clear out excess oil, prevent imperfections, smooth bumps, and reduce pore size. It has soothing properties as well, so it helps reduce redness—and is gentle enough for skin prone to rosacea. BHA is also suitable for those with milia.

I use Paula's Choice.  If you sign up on her website you will receive emails for discounts, free shipping.  I currently received a code for 20% and free shipping.  I've been using her fragrance free, no animal testing products since 1995.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ollie5 

Well, in a pinch - I find washing with baby bath or shampoo mixing in baking soda and making a paste to gently exfoliate works wonders.

It's a Ph balanced way to clean your face without stripping it and leaves your skin wonderfully smooth, clean and more youthful.

I use the paste mixture on my clarisonic or with my hands - being mindful to be gentle, and I love the results. 

I'm going to try @lovethedesert's suggestion too - and thank you for it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, attacking enlarged pores from a skincare perspective is more important than looking for makeup to cover them up.  Certain supplements also help with skin concerns.  

Consistent and appropriate cleansing, along with regular exfoliation, should soften and eliminate the gunk packed in the pores.  A salycilic acid pad would be the way to go.  If you want something budget friendly, a Stridex pad could do the trick.  

Regular Contributor

Thanks Ladies, went with lovethedesert and went to Paula s Choice BHA! Will keep all your suggestions handy though.

Honored Contributor

My youngest daughter (40) and I have always had pores the size of a crater.

However, from the first day Dr. Denese was on QVC I started ordering for myself and my daughter the firming facial pads and the Hydroshield with her name on it.

It's amazing that my pores (especially around the nose area) are no longer big.

I'm very happy (as is my daughter) with her facial pads and Hydroshield because I have no wrinkles on my face and no longer have big pores.

Dr. Denese has a lot of degrees on aging from universities.  I have always felt like she knows what she's talking about.

Respected Contributor

@ollie5 wrote:

Noticing the pores on my chin are starting to look kind of large. Any or all suggestions welcomed!

Thanks

I agree that some sort of acid really helps! These ladies always have the best advice! 🙂

Respected Contributor

Nothing can reduce the size of pores (except perhaps microdermabrasion) though some items may reduce the appearance of the size. 

Contributor

If you really want dramatic results and it’s in your budget get a medium chemical peel done by a professional. They are amazing but you MUST wear sunblock from then on. Actually, we should all use sunblock anyway. Good luck🍀🍀🍀
Esteemed Contributor

Nothing really shrinks them except a few drastic measures.  For me, I just keep my complexion and pores pristine clean.  I've always had oily skin so have developed large pores over the years.  Can't help it.  If my large pores get clogged or dirty, they are very noticeable and no makeup conceals them.  Keep them clean!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt